I just spent the best $9.99 that I have in quite some time...Journey's Greatest Hits. How could you resist Don't Stop Believin', Any Way You Want It, Open Arms, Patiently, and Faithfully? They really are the ultimate '80s cheese, but I can't get enough! It would be pretty embarassing if I was ever on the VH1 reality show, Motormouth, where they put a hidden camera in your car while you sing along. There's something about a good classic '80s song that gets me singing...loud (yikes!).
I grew up with parents that are former hippies/now-turned-yuppies who are still a little stuck in the '60s. In 30 years, will my kids be saying that their mom is stuck in the '80s? Kind of scary...thoughts of Guess jeans and jellies flash before me.
30-something trivia:
At 30, Elvis Presley was in a rut, John Lennon recorded Imagine, Paul Simon went solo, Pat Benatar wrote Love is a Battlefield, Bruce Springsteen recorded Hungry Heart, and Bono wrote the lyrics to U2's Achtung Baby.
