Tuesday, September 12, 2006

From childbirth to JT

Some catching up...

Thanks so much to everyone for the suggestions on what to register for. The big event will be this weekend. We have lots of good suggestions and will let you know how it goes. :)
_______________________________________________________

So last weekend was an adventure. Childbirthing class. Yes, 2 fun-filled days of everything you wanted to know about birthing a baby. Wade deserves a little sympathy. Although after those very real videos, I'm feeling like I'll need some sympathy very soon.

The funny part was that my scared-too-death-emotional explosion was before the class even started. I made the mistake of watching a lovely Discovery Channel show, "Conception to Birth," which shows the complete development of a baby. I've seen plenty of these shows in the past. But for some reason, watching the 9th month and the delivery part had a different feel to it this time. Wade walked in, saw me crying, and said "Ahhhh, are you crying because the baby was born?"

Not quite. I'm crying because I'm scared too death of delivering my own baby!

I'm sure it was a combination of hormones (what isn't these days), watching the show, and knowing we were about to head to Childbirthing class. Whatever the combo was, it freaked me out.

But going to the class actually helped. I was really nervous walking into the classroom. But, it was a pretty good experience. Very real, but also very reassuring that millions of women all over the world do this all of the time. And, there's the epidural...woo-hoo! I'm sure Wade will have a little more entertaining perspective of our two days on his blog soon.

_______________________________________________________

I'm bet you were all eagerly awaiting today as much as I have been. Yes, today was the release of Justin Timberlake's new CD. For those that know me well, you know of my little, innocent crush on JT. Even Wade calls him my boyfriend.

Well I have to say, after years of devotion, JT disappointed me. It started after I got the CD home and realized there was a "Parental Advisory" label on the CD. Yikes! I don't think I've ever purchased music with that on it. Then to make it worse, the music wasn't that great either.

Why Justin? Why have you left your sweet, innocent, former Mouseketeer, 'N Sync days? I'm thinking I may finally be out of his target market. Although at both of the 'N Sync concerts I went to (yes, I'm admitting it!), there were plenty of mature women my age there. What happened???

1 comment:

Susan @ Blessed Assurances said...

I will listen to JT before I buy it on Napster. In case it is horrible! I did that with Jessica's new album and I have yet to run buy that one