Not sure if that's how you spell toledo or not? Anyway...I am officially exhausted. What a day...pregnant or not.
First let me say that garage salers are a dedicated, committed bunch. We had our neighborhood garage sale today. People were showing up right at 6:00 a.m. with flashlights! It was hilarious. I should be thankful for those early birds, because we were able to get rid of the big stuff and box up the rest of the little things and clothes to take to Goodwill all by 10:00 a.m. Mission accomplished!
After a quick nap, it was off to register for the bambino. I always laughed when people said it would take hours. Who was laughing today...Babies 'R Us is a crazy, crazy place. Thanks to all of the great suggestions, I felt like we could move fast. It still took forever. Registering at Target a few hours later was a little quicker...thank goodness!
Registering is such a strange thing to me. I know it's helpful to guide some of the gift-giving and make sure you get what you need. But, I started to feel really guilty by the end of it. There's so much, and it's not cheap.
But, this was one more step to making the whole idea of a baby seem very, very real. In fact, it's officially the 3rd trimester...here we go!
Saturday, September 16, 2006
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

4 comments:
Glad your garage sale was a hit! And I'm glad you got through registering without going into labor or divorcing Wade:) Just kidding.
I felt the same way registering, but people are very generous when it comes to babies. I am thankful every time I dress, bathe, change and play with Mallory. Lots of people that love her and me gave us that stuff (Aunt Kelly provided most of her wardrobe and then some:) )
Can't wait to see you tomorrow night, I enjoy your quick trips!
This is inappropriate, but Wade's blog won't let me post. Te following is in reference to your consideration of the HD package from Dish Network:
Wade is absolutely right on this. The HD package from Dish Netork is something I have never regretted. It is very affordable (pennies a day is accurate) and it is a must have for the Strzinek on the way. There is an Art channel, so your baby will be cultured, and HDNet always has concerts, so they will also be beyond cool. This is an investment in your future, Kelly.
Investment in your child's future? Wow Paul, you're good! How much is Wade paying you? :)
Paul - your wisdom has depths none of us fully appreciate!
Also, I would like to go on record as being insulted by the accusation of you being paid for your services . . . (name your price!)
________________________
By the way, ever since I switched to Blogger Beta the Blogger display name has been removed from the comments section. However you can comment as "Other" and type in your name and blog address.
I realize its a hassle but it makes it a lot easier to for me to manage.
Post a Comment