Sunday, September 03, 2006

Labor Day laboring

Hmmmmm...what to blog about on this overcast holiday weekend?

We've spent the weekend cleaning out rooms, closets, boxes, etc. Some random questions that have come to mind:

  • How is it possible two people and one dog have accumulated so much stuff?
  • Why can I not finish one area? I keep getting distracted and go from one room to the next.
  • If we ever move from this house, how much will it cost to hire movers?
  • Why was it that I decided to get off-white carpet? Why didn't we just extend the concrete floors throughout the ENTIRE house?
  • Will my photo albums ever be updated and current?
  • Did I really think that outfit looked good?
  • What perfect timing that our neighborhood is doing a big Neighborhood Garage Sale in a few weeks.
  • The Container Store is a drug that Wade and I are way too addicted to. Do those overpriced boxes really help anyway?
  • Wow, how many magazines do I subscribe to? Seriously!
  • Why am I blogging right now...there are rooms to clean, and I'm tired!

If you have have any of the answers to these questions, please share your secrets.

2 comments:

Wade said...

Let it known that I am NOT addicted to The Container Store!

That being said, I do suffer from impulse purchase-itis most times I walk through The Container Store - but I am NOT addicted to it!

And don't give me any lines about denial being the first sign of a problem!

If you want a store that I am addicted to try Mad Duck Bikes, iTunes, Chick-Fil-A and any place with cool men's shirts.

Shannon said...

I can't answer any of the questions for you, but I will attest to all the magazines you subscribe to. It's a whole lot people! And Kelly organizes them into "currently reading" "finished" and "I don't have any time to read these because I'm not caught up on any of the others". I think it's one of my favorite reasons (other than seeing you guys) to come to your house! Ha!

Can't wait to see the nursery! Sounds like you guys got a lot done.