Sunday, September 24, 2006

Tate

It's official. He has a name. Tate. Actually, his full name will be Robert Tate, but we'll call him Tate. Wade is Robert Wade, and his father's first name is Robert as well. So the Robert tradition will continue.

I actually came up with Tate about a month or so ago. We were looking for something short, strong, and easy to spell. Poor kid, with the spelling of our last name and a middle name for a first name, we wanted to make it as easy for him as possible.

So, I saw an article with Jodie Foster and it mentioned the movie Little Man Tate. Ever since then, that has seemed to be the frontrunner in the name selection.

Some interesting info. on the name Tate:

* Depending on which name definition you use, it could be Old English, Irish, or Native American
* It means many things including: to be cheerful, a measure of land, windy, he who talks too much (hopefully this won't be too much of a self-fulfilling prophecy)
* In 2005, it ranked #378 in baby name popularity
* London's national gallery of international modern art is called the Tate Modern
* Tate Donovan is the actor that played Joshua on Friends

We're pretty excited. It's fun to be able to start calling him by name. And the nickname Tatar Tot has already started. I think that's actually pretty cute. We'll see if he still thinks so after a few years.

So to our own little man Tate, we can't wait to meet you and love you so much already!

2 comments:

Shannon said...

FINALLY! We can't wait to meet Tater Tot and let him play with Mallory! What fun they will have.

Anonymous said...

I think "Tate, is great"!!..there you go Kelly, no more worry's, that will be his legacy.
I can't wait to hold that little boy in my arms and let him know, as I did Mallory, how much I love him and how loved he's going to be.
You picked a great name, for a great kid, which I know he will be.
Just 2 more months..I can't wait to meet you Tate.

Love You, Mimi