The festivities began with the first ever visit to see Santa Claus. Taking a 3-week-old to sit in a stranger's lap covered in other kid's germs just didn't seem that appealing last year. But hey, he's 1 now. Germs, scherms.
We weren't sure how Tate would respond. Surprisingly, he didn't have much of a response except wanting to pull on his beard while looking at him like he's the strangest looking person he had ever seen. We were even able to get a little smile out of him for the camera.
Next up was the oh-so-picturesque carriage ride. Several weeks before Christmas, I got it in my head that we must do this. Not sure why, but it seemed to be the ultimate in celebrating the season. Yes, I have officially over hyped something in my head once again. As I walked up with much satisfaction of my family bonding idea, the sign that read carriage rides are...gulp...$30 didn't even detract from my excitement. Considering the ride cost $2 per minute and considering we rode around the square that I've walked around about 100 times before, it was fun. Tate had this wide-eyed look the entire time. Ahhhh, memories!
Then we were off to celebrate Christmas with my side of the family at my sister's house in Temple. Two years ago, my parents had no grandchildren. This Christmas, they have three all under the age of two. Needless to say, it was fun and there were lots of toys!
Here are the Enright cousins with the newest addition, Baby Morgan.
Once it was finally time to open presents, Tate was just about ready for a nap. So, he made it through his stocking, and that was about it.
Such a bummer that her eyes are closed, but this was one our presents to Mallory. She was a hoot walking around while looking down at her Elmos.

Next was Christmas with Wade's side of the family. The love of cycling has spread from son to father. Here's Wade giving the overview of the latest and greatest in air pumps.
Tate was in pretty good spirits most of the day. Since he was the only little one, there was no lack of attention and cuddle time. Here he is with Aunt Tisha.
Tate's latest fascination is people's teeth. Here he is with Mo Mere counting teeth and realizing he has a lot more to go.
And here are the Strzinek cousins, Mary Tish and Trip. They have already proven to be great playmates with Tate, and I predict they will be great babysitters very soon!


And last but not least, here is the portion of Christmas at our house. Tate loved looking and grabbing at the tree and LOVED watching all of Frosty's lights change colors. We are swimming in presents and toys over here, which may be an entire post in itself. I'm running out of steam.

Here's Macy humoring us.
It was a wonderful Christmas. I was reminded day after day of the many blessings surrounding me. Every year, I wish I would slow down a little more and soak in the true meaning for this season.O Holy Night! The stars are brightly shining,
It is the night of the dear Saviour's birth.
Long lay the world in sin and error pining.
Till He appeared and the Spirit felt its worth.
A thrill of hope the weary world rejoices,
For yonder breaks a new and glorious morn.
Fall on your knees! Oh, hear the angel voices!
O night divine, the night when Christ was born;
O night, O Holy Night , O night divine!




9 comments:
Beautiful pictures!!! I know what you mean about it finally slowing down. I love Christmas and want to savor every second of it. I laughed and laughed at the carriage ride. I have found myself in this same situation several times. When we went looking at Christmas lights a few weeks ago all the kids were asleep before we reached our first neighborhood.
Looks like you guys had a wonderful Christmas. Cute pics!
Christmas this year was a whirlwind...but what a wonderful gift sweet Morgan was.
Thanks again for breakfast, and our Christmas game of scrabble.
You ended your blog with my favorite Christmas carol.
Looking forward to all our many future Christmas's together. You, Wade and Tate are the best.
Love,
Mimi
Looks like you had a wonderful Christmas. I found your page through lisamomma.blogspot.com awhile ago, but never got around to leaving a comment! Please feel free to stop my blog!
http://oywiththepoodles.blogspot.com
Love the cousin pictures! Glad you had a safe holiday!
My favorite Christmas carol . . .something about imagining what would cause sleepy shepherds to have to other response than to just collapse to their knees . .. what would they have seen and heard? Glad you guys had a good Christmas season - busy, but good - I think this is life with kids, so just slow down and soak when you can! Life is good and blessed. BEAUTIFUL pictures!!
Merry Christmas! Sounds like a great holiday. Last year I HAD to do that exact same carriage ride. Scott was adding up how much each horse step cost as we went along! :)
I just came over from Wade and so that wonderful photo collection - thanks for sharing - it looks like a truly loving and special Christmas.
Had to giggle seeing the sweet photo of Tate with Santa. It reminded me of Wades post of kid's at Santas lap. :-)
I hope you'll have just such a happy new year!
I loved all the pictures but I think my favorite was poor Macy! Too cute :)
Post a Comment