So, what’s worse than getting the stomach bug for the second time in two months? Getting the stomach bug in the middle of the night three hours from your home in a hotel room. Tate & Wade got round two of the bug a couple of weeks ago, and for some strange reason, it just hit me again while we were in Brownwood overnight. I’m beyond frustrated and bummed that I missed out on a fun day with my friend, Lori, and that we’ll also miss a fun Christmas dinner with friends tonight. I’m now sticking out my tongue and acting like a 4-year-old.
I’m also really beginning to wonder about my immune system. I have been sick more in the past year than probably the past five years combined. I don’t get it…I sleep good every night, take my vitamins, wash my hands. What else is a girl to do?
_________________________________________________
In case you just haven’t seen enough pictures of my son on my blog, check out the great photo montage Wade made for Tate’s first birthday. So sweet…yes, I cried.
_________________________________________________
As I’ve mentioned before, I love getting the mail. So you can imagine that this time of year is the ultimate season of mail-getting. I love finding out which Christmas cards and photos we’ll get each day. And here’s a little tip. Instead of throwing away all of those great pictures of your family and friends when Christmas is over, cut the picture portion out of the card and then you can put that in a frame, on the fridge, photo album, etc. I have a giant bulletin board up in our family room that is covered with pictures from all of the Christmas cards we’ve received in previous years.
Hopefully I’ll get ours out by this weekend. Even in our pre-baby days, we sent a Christmas card with a family picture. Wade, me, and Macy. Unfortunately, Macy might not make the cut next year. It was tough getting a picture of two smiling adults, one happy baby looking at the camera, and one still dog. It definitely wasn’t the photographer’s fault (she’s great!), but we may simplify the process a little more next year. Sorry Macy!
So to all of the healthy folks with no stomach bug out there, enjoy your evening of holiday parties and fun. Yes, I’m sticking my tongue out again.
Friday, December 14, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

6 comments:
Those bugs come at the most unfortunate times, huh? Glad you are feeling better, but bummed you had to miss your dinner!
So sorry for the bug . . .I'm even sadder for you because I know the company you missed out on - sweet friends.
I think your immune system will just keep on getting stronger the longer you are a Mommy! Hang in there . . and next time drink a tablespoon of apple cider vinigar (dilluted with water and chased down with orange juice or a soda) when anyone starts getting a bug . .it'll protect your GI tract more and maybe it won't spread!! (My mom made us do this all the time growing up and Monica and I do it to this day!!!)
I love that photo montage your husband did for Tate's birthday! So sweet!!!
Loved reading your blog and seeing all the cute pics; I've been away from blog land for a while! SO sorry you are/were under the weather, that is NO fun!! I'm like you, have been so much sicker since kids and I think it's the whole children denominator. It's our season in life and I guess a barrage of sicknesses is par for the course! Try green tea though; that stuff has been amazing for Chad and I and has curbed many a sickness this year! Merry Christmas to your sweet family!!
Hope you are on the road to recovery!! I think pregnancy and then Mommyhood drains all immunities from your body. Good thing those babies are so cute to make the daily risk of getting sick worth it!
-
Like I told Wade...I feel your pain. I totally missed Ashlyn's first Christmas. It was awful! I hope you and your family is getting well. By the way, I loved your Christmas card, and Wade's sweet video. We thought of baby Tate on his 1st birthday. I still have his little baby picture on our fridge.
Heather
Post a Comment