Again I was very moved by the strength and bravery of those that paved the way for so many. And again, I was surprised by the bigotry and hatred of so many.

The reason for my trip was to see Paige in a performance of Romeo and Juliet at the Arkansas Shakespeare Festival. Unfortunately, I wasn't able to get any pictures of her in the Lady Capulet costume. She did a wonderful job and even had an impressive crying scene. :) I don't remember much of the play from my high school English class but am thinking I should've paid more attention to it. I really enjoyed it.
And I can't make a trip to Little Rock without a visit to Damgoode Pies. The stuffy pizza with sauce on top is just as good as the restaurant name says. Yum!
I love spending time in Little Rock, and I love spending time with my friends. It was a nice, quick getaway. And as you can see here, Tate and Wade had some good times back home while I was gone.
___________________________________________________________
___________________________________________________________
The not so good time was with poor little Tate a few days ago. It looks as though he has inherited my genes when it comes to having bad reactions to mosquito bites. He woke up with an eye almost completely swollen shut. Poor guy!



6 comments:
Sounds like it was a great girls trip; aren't those the best?! Tate and Abbey would make a pair, she too doesn't react well to those mean ol mosquitos...Caladryl anyone? Ya'll have a great 4th weekend!!
My sister's kids do the same thing with mosquito bites. Once Tyler's ear swelled up so big it was sticking way off his head. So freaky. Stay away mosquitos!!!
Glad you got away to spend time with a special friend!
What a great trip Kelly!
Yea, I was just going to say the same thing but Monica already covered it . ..and it was both big boys that had the same reaction and same ear. Looked like freaks of nature for a day or more. It got better with age for them!
Casen is right there with ya on the mosquito bite reactions too... http://wendywek.blogspot.com/2007_09_01_archive.html.
Post a Comment