Just when I thought I had it all figured out, tonight threw me for a loop. They were all good. This definitely has to be the most talented Top 3 in all of the seasons before. I don’t even remember a #3 from any other group.
So yes, they’re all 3 talented, but there was not a clear cut winner tonight or a clear cut one to go home.
Danny ~ Wasn’t crazy about the first song. Had never heard of it, and I don’t even remember the name. He sounded good…very Danny Gokeyish. But it was forgettable. I thought the Joe Cocker song was wonderful. I loved it!
Kris ~ I’m a big One Republic fan to begin with and thought he did a decent job at the song. I agree with Simon that the other judges can’t criticize if they don’t tell him what they want. Wish he had ventured out a little, though. But then he came back with the Kanye West song. I loved it and was way impressed!
Adam ~ As soon as he started One, I was excited that it was going to be an “Adam” moment (Tracks of My Tears/Mad World). And then the screaming started. Bummer. (And bummer about the ear pieces looking like an ode to Star Trek.) So I guess it was very fitting that his next song was originally by the screamer of all screamers…Steven Tyler. We get it Adam.
So what to do? He wasn’t my favorite of the night, but I still think Adam deserves to be in the final. I prefer Kris’ music the most personally, but I think Danny has the bigger fan base. So, I’m thinking it may be Kris going home. Who knows…even as I type this, I’m second-guessing. At least they’re all good. It will be interesting.
Thoughts? Come on, spill it!
Tuesday, May 12, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

8 comments:
I don't think it's a surprise to anyone who knows me that I am SO OVER Adam's screaming and the way the judges fall all over him. It's hardly fair and I just don't get it...he screams! So can I!
I'm w/ you on your recap. Kris' music is the only stuff I would probably actually listen to, but I like Danny. Please, please, please no Adam in the finale. Every song sounds the same! Enough already!!
I loved Kris's second song. Didn't think I would b/c the other cover of it isn't that great...but it was pretty awesome.
Agree with you about Adam...he's got "mad pipes" as Randy would say, but I think too much of the high notes...right? I think so.
Tonight's episode was the level I wished the season had been like all along.
I thought Kris had the best performance with "Heartless" --- he apparently did not get the memo that ADAM MUST WIN! that the judges were sending out to anyone and everyone who would listen. I have loved Adam at times this season and think he is very polished and charismatic and professional and SO ready for an ongoing stage gig (Broadway, maybe), but the screech/scream rock is not my thing, so tonight, not too good for me, Dawg. (Especially with backup singer trying to outscream him; what's up with that?)
The last #3 finisher I remember well is Elliott Yamin, the year Taylor Hicks won. BTW, Taylor did a great version of "You Are So Beautiful" on final 3 night; Randy picked it for him. I liked Randy's pick that night, and I liked it (for Kris) tonight.
I think Adam will probably make it to the finals, but he is not my favorite, although SUPER talented. I voted for Kris several times last night (it was busy several times when I tried), but he may go home. Who knows!
I thought Chris Daughtry was #3 to go home the year it was between Katherine McPhee and Taylor Hicks. He was (and still is) one of my favorites from the American Idol past! I remember that was a jawdropper for us!
Any of the three deserve their place though...anxious to see what America decided!
I thought the show was great last night. However don't love the judges pretty much beggin America to put Adam through. I liked the first 30 seconds of both songs he sang then the screaming/screaching and weird faces started. I fast forwarded the rest,uuuggghh! Not my type of music. I love the songs Kris sang. I even like the apologize song. I also really like Danny. I would love to see the two of them but I think it will be Adam and one of them. So excited to see!!
I heart Kris so much I'm thinking about downloading his Kanye song.
Adam is super annoying. I HATED his version of One, but I may be a bit biased. If Kris had done it I might have liked it.
Danny is going to be an Easy Listening Superstar.
No, Daughtry was the surprise 4th place finisher during Taylor's year. It was between him and Katherine McPhee, and she was clearly expecting to go home that night, but he got the boot instead.
The final 3 were Elliott, Kat, and Taylor, and the voting for them to make final 2 was split something like 33.1% to 33.6% to 33.3% --- extremely close! But Elliott went home.
I have a feeling tonight could be almost that close.
Okay so I am writing after I already know who is going to the final. I am a little disappointed. I really wanted it to be Kris and Danny. I knew it probably would not be =(. I love Kris I have downloaded most of his songs, especially "To Make You Feel My Love". That is one of my favorite Garth Brooks songs of all times but you can't get his version on itunes and I don't have a tape player anymore to listen to the song =). Kelly, I love your comments on Adam. I think they are dead on. I was very excited about him singing "One" at first then like you said the screaming. I just don't understand why the judges don't see it. I think the final will be very interesting. Are they going to write the final song for a singer like Adam or Kris?
Post a Comment