Friday, May 08, 2009

Bye-Bye Booty

What I would do for some Pirate’s Booty right now! Not the Somali kind, but the snack kind. Have you ever had a snack that you later decided could never step foot in your pantry again? That’s pretty much where my relationship with Pirate’s Booty is. It’s a love/hate thing.

Last year when we were trying to find ways to get as many extra calories into Tate’s diet (I know…if we could all be so fortunate), someone told me about this drug. I mean snack. It’s all natural, basically rice, corn, and cheese. It tastes delish, and it has more calories and is a “healthier” alternative to basic chips and crackers.

After Tate sampled some at Costco one day and woofed down all of the little morsels of yumminess, I bought the ginormous double pack. And wouldn’t you know it, once we’re in the comforts of home, he wants nothing to do with said delicacy. I’m never one to let things go to waste. And so began the drama of the booty.

I can’t get enough of it. But I also blame the booty on clothing fitting my own bootie a little tighter these days. Isn’t it good to blame that on inanimate objects?

So I bid a bittersweet farewell to the booty. Maybe we’ll meet again one day when I’ve learned a little more self-control?

Any other love/hate snack addictions out there?

10 comments:

Audra Laney said...

Coke floats. Seriously, I'm addicted. I feel like when I watch certain TV shows, I HAVE to have one to make everything feel "right." Craziness!

Lisa said...

Hmm, I've never tried Pirate's Booty... but it sounds so good! Maybe I should stay away from it right now 'cause I don't need another addiction!

I'm addicted to Reece's Peanut Butter Cups (they have to be frozen, though!) & Dove Ice Cream Bars.... oh, and any flavor of Ben & Jerry's ice cream! Can't wait to find out how much I've gained next week at the doctor's!!!

Have a wonderful Mother's Day!!!

Monica said...

What a funny name for a snack. Makes me want to buy it just to ask my friends if they would like some pirate's booty.
I am pregnant .... I love all snacks and have the love/hate relationship as no matter what I do my buddy grows and grows.....

Kate said...

Gardetto's Snack Mix is of the devil! I have a love/hate relationship with those rye chips. I want to hate them but I just can't stop myself.

Whitney said...

Yep- that stuff is good. I feel your pain....

My problem is that I still eat like I'm pregnant/breastfeeding AND i don't workout. Not a good combination!

Holly said...

Sonic Happy Hour!

amber dayton said...

This cracked me up. We discovered Pirate's Booty & I love it just because Mae sounds so cute when she says it, "spirates sbooty". I have to pour it in a tiny bowl when I eat some, otherwise the whole bag might disappear! I saw your comment on my blog - we'll have to have a "veggie chat" sometime - I've found some things that work well but I'm always trying new things to make them & ME better veggie eaters. For my addiction - popcorn & M&M's - at night after the kids go to bed & I don't have to share. :)

Wendy said...

Two serious addictions: Strawberry Special K Bars and Red Vines (not together)

Appletree said...

Right now it's scrambled eggs with buttered toast. That's my addiction since about three months ago and I still have not figured out, what this dish does with me to totally starve for it...

Typing this I might have a look if there are still eggs in the fridge.

;-)

Helen

Unknown said...

Ahh, Pirate's Booty. How I loved thee. LOVED. I have the same problem!!! There is a store in CA called Trader Joe's, and this is where my obsession began. By the way, they have smaller bags at Sprouts, although I would know that it doesn't help to have smaller bags if one consumes 3 of them.

My other food addiction is chips and salsa with a Coke. I love the salty, sweet, crunchy combo!