I'm pretty sure this happened way before November (my brain cells disappear on a regular basis), but it's one memory I don't want to forget. There is a sweet family at church who has overcome some pretty incredible and challenging obstacles. We have rallied behind them in different ways, and they turned around and surprised me & Wade with such a special gift. They gave us proceeds from their Garage Sale to go toward a trip to Haiti. You can't tell from the picture, but there is a lot of cashola in that jar. It was such a sweet surprise, and I can not wait to use this when I finally get a ticket booked. Hoping sooner rather that later!
This was Tate's first time to be old enough to understand that an election was going on. Everyone at his school was able to vote, and the super-fun mom of one of his friends dressed up as Uncle Sam taking the votes. (Funny to think about the Founding Fathers learning about Kindergartners doing pretend elections and voting on iPads!) We have friends & family on both sides of the party lines, so no matter the outcome, it was most important for us to teach Tate that we respect the President. It's always a humbling moment to pause and be thankful for this freedom we have to elect the leader of our country.
Will's preschool had the annual Superhero Day. I knew this would be tricky for our no-costume, no-hat kiddo. So imagine how excited I was to find this shirt (with a secret cape he didn't even know about!)? Parenting win!
In early November, Will hit a big milestone. He finally called me "Mama" on his own. Music to my ears. I know that is a special moment for every mother. But having to wait 2 1/2 years for it and knowing it's not something that came easy, it felt like he had just figured out world peace. Love hearing it all the time now. :)
This milestone isn't near as monumental, but it sure is hilarious. We discovered the CamWow app. Greatness.
And our sports-loving oldest also hit a big milestone. He made it through an entire 18-hole round of golf with Wade, Poppy, and Trip. We were all shocked. And this video cracked me up. I think if most golfers are honest, this is what they really want to do after a good shot.
He has also been loving football season...and the fact that the Cowboys are actually winning (knocking on wood now). We often find him running around the house, making tackles, and diving for catches.
And a fun tradition that started 4 years ago was that I started hosting a Holiday Trunk Show at our home for some of my super-talented friends to promote their businesses or sell some of their creations. I always enjoy throwing a party, so it has become something I look forward to each year. We had over 80 people come shop from the 12 vendors. And this year, I was excited to also feature some items that would benefit charities in both Haiti & Honduras. And by the end of the night, over $800 went to the non-profits. Pretty cool!
Thursday, December 27, 2012
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)













No comments:
Post a Comment