Back in October both of my boys channeled their inner Texan westerness.
Will's preschool does the cutest Western Day every year complete with pony rides and a great petting zoo, and I always look forward to it. Only this year, Will has been my wildcard. I never know how things will go. So since it was going to be a different kind of day at school, I reluctantly opted not to go see him at Western Day. I knew he might have a hard time with all of the activity, and If I was there, things would probably be worse.
I was so surprised and so happy that one of his sweet Chapel teachers took some pictures of him and sent them to me. Thank you Ms. Jennifer! Verdict was that he wanted nothing to do with getting on the horse but loved watching the chickens. :)
Love my cute little Sheriff!
And to keep with the western theme, Tate was in his first Keller High School Homecoming parade. We've watched the parade for years, but this year he got to walk with his elementary school float (and winners of the float contest...woo-hoo!). Their school mascot is the cowboy, so we got one more use of his costume from a few years ago.
It was a little nuts but a fun memory. And it was made even more fun to experience the nuttiness with my sweet friend, Alyssa, and her three girls. I love that we are sharing the school experience with a family we love so much. She & I just laughed throughout the parade...and the loooooong waiting beforehand. While also making sure kids were not run over by floats. :)
I forgot to get a picture with me in it. A funny part of the night was that I had to borrow a cowboy hat to wear. Even after 36+ years in Texas, I still have no appropriate head attire.
A fun night with lots of fun friends!
Monday, December 03, 2012
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)





No comments:
Post a Comment