Monday, December 17, 2012

Thanksgiving ~ 2012

I love Thanksgiving. Everything about it. Fall weather (ha ha....I at least pretend), pumpkins, fall decorations, football, yummy food, and a reminder to take the time be grateful. This year's Thanksgiving was filled with lots of food, family and fun.

The season was kicked off with the Kindergarten Thanksgiving program at Tate's school. Adorable. Seriously, so cute. They performed several Thanksgiving songs, had a buffalo hunter/indian dance (music played with a real record player....not sure they had a clue what it was), and finished up with a feast of the traditional food from the pilgrim era (+ a juice box). So, so cute!
Will's preschool also hosted the annual Thanksgiving Feast. I was so sad that Wade & I had to miss it since we were out of town. But Mimi & Grandpa were great to show up and feast with Will. They said he did good and his feast included a few bites of chicken with a lot of biscuit and brownies. :)
And then it was time for the big day. Shannon & her family spent the night, so all the cousins were together for breakfast and to watch the parade. Pretty sure this is the best shot we got of all 5 together. :)
They got to spend the morning playing outside and jumping on the trampoline playing a pretty hilarious game where you have to freeze if a ball touches you.

Since we have both sets of families in town, we house hop on most Thanksgivings. That means a lot of eating and is why my Weight Watchers plan has taken a few steps backwards. But tis the season! First up was Thanksgiving lunch at the Strzineks. Everyone enjoyed spending a lot of time outside playing in MoMere's leaves and out on the golf course.
Then the next stop was Thanksgiving dinner at my parent's house. And Thanksgiving would not be complete without some representation from our longtime friends/practically family, the Barberenas.

This is the hilarious attempt at a big group picture.
And I saved the absolute best for last. It was the end of the night. We were all stuffed. Half of the kids had been bathed and pajamaed. As they were in my parent's playroom, my Dad discovered a great treasure of a song. And it has special meaning as it's also from the soundtrack of me and my sister's favorite '80s movies ever..."How do you spell quiche? You don't spell, son. You eat it!" Enjoy the awesomeness of a Family Thanksgiving Dance Party...

(and yes I asked permission from all parties involved before I posted this...except maybe from Will & Max)

No comments: