Monday, August 14, 2006

Airport Observations

Some airport observations from my morning @ DFW Airport today:


Security wasn't actually that bad. I went almost 45 minutes before I normally would've arrived. But, I flew through security and had no problems. I had to check my bag and put my purse in the bag. So, the hardest part was not having some lipstick handy. Considering, that's not too bad.

____________________________________

With all of the world events, London terrorist plot and Israel ceasefire, it gave me a new perspective of the men and women in military attire. I travel a lot for work and pass by them often at the airport. Today I couldn't help but say thanks to the two that I saw. I was nervous about what I should or shouldn't say. Finally, I realized all I needed to say was literally "thank you." It's amazing how quickly their faces lit up with a genuine "thank you" right back to me. No matter my feelings on the war, those soldiers are doing something I never could. I'm thankful for their dedication.

____________________________________

Last I heard the arrests were up to 40 or so connected to the London terrorist plot. Today was the first time I've flown since last week. Sitting on the plane, I was absolutely perplexed that there are 40+ people in this world with that much hate and rage to want to destroy so many innocent people.

4 comments:

Wade said...

I'm proud of you for saying thanks. Remember those WWII vets we saw in Honolulu? They both started crying when I told them thanks - it obviously isn't said enough.

I love you - get some rest!

W

PS: Is baby kicking?

Susan @ Blessed Assurances said...

You guys are SOOOOO sweet! Yes, Kelly people should tell the military thanks more often. What a sad thought, since they are fighting for our freedom and all we do is put them down or complain about the inconviences that we face due to military and other goverment officials who are only try to protect us.

Get some sleep and I want to know too, is the baby kicking!! :)

Anonymous said...

Ms. Kelly--Just got caught up on your Blogs as we were on our cruise last week. Both you and Wade certainly have the gift for the written word. Thoroughly enjoy reading about the goings on in "the crazy Enright family".

Reading about your call about the baby's heart brought back memories of the call I received 16 years ago when pregnant with Corry. I was told to report to Children's Hosp first thing in the morning to see the Chief of Cardiology at Children's...turned out he didn't see anything abnormal!!!! He was leaving on a medical trip to Russia that afternoon, therefore that was the rush (read about the trip in National Geographic a few months later). Just remember, he spent 3 weeks in the hospital after birth..10 days in NICU and another in John Muir's ICU. Look how good he turned out!!!!!

Saw several military personnel on Sunday when we were in LAX. They were doing random carryon bag checks...LAX seemed to process the security issues so much faster than Oakland!

Take care and try not to fret....Aunt Barbara

Kelly said...

Yes, the baby was kicking all week. :) I seem to feel it more when I'm laying down. It's still pretty strange, but also pretty neat. :)

Hi Aunt Barbara! I'm doing much better now that the scare is over and everything checked out good. I forgot about Corry's first few weeks...must have been very scary. Good to hear from you. Sounds like the cruise was fun! Kelly.