Monday, August 28, 2006

2 things...1 cool, 1 not-so-cool

The cool one:


I stole this from another blog. This is a word cloud. It's free and analyzes your blog. Then, it makes a visual of the most common words you use in your blog. The size of the word means that word has been used more often. Should I be concerned that objectionable and love are the same size?

Here's the website to make your own. It's easy.

http://snapshirts.com/custom.php

______________________________

The not-so-cool one:



Fall fashion. Several of my blog friends have written about this already, but it's really getting to me now. I was at Northpark Mall last week, and every store window I looked into appeared to have taken a step back into time...to the 80s! I can't believe that I'm finally old enough to actually remember wearing trends that are re-appearing.

I just can't believe people are serious about this. Leggings...again? The bubble skirt? Skinny jeans? Wide belts? I beg the fashionistas out there picking trends, just don't bring back tight-rolled pants!

What were your favorite trends of the 80s...you know, the one outfit that you just knew you looked so cool in? :) Mine was anytime I could layer my colored socks with my colored Keds. I thought I was pretty hot stuff!

7 comments:

Wade said...

"Wade" is bigger than "Oprah"! Whew!

My 80's fashion had more to do with the amount of Dep I used in my hair than the kind of clothes I was wearing - I know . . . dork!

Unknown said...

My favorite? "Get in shape, girl" clothing and neon colored sweatshirts. I also remember in the 8th grade thinking my perfect 9th grade go to HS outfit would be a happy face t-shirt with a vest and leggings. So cool.

Shannon said...

I loved wearing mom's "units'! Although, I could wear one of her shirts as a dress with one of the big wide belts. My other fave was the side ponytail! Horrible.

Wendy said...

Seriously, you just have to wonder who exactly it was out there in the fashion world who decided that leggings and skinny jeans needed to make a comeback.

This was more early 90s, but I remember an outfit I loved that involved a braided belt, tight rolled jeans and K-Swiss tennis shoes.

Pearson Family said...

I loved my acid wash swirl outfit by Guess, I think. I had the jacket and jeans to match that were a pastel pink, blue, and white. The jacket was cropped and of course, I "prep" rolled my jeans. No leggings...no skinny jeans PLEASE! I kind of like the wide belt, it may hide some of my flab from the babies.

Kelly said...

Y'all are bringing up some good ones.

Kelli, I had completely forgotten about Get in Shape Girl. Now, I've got that song in my head. :)

Units...yikes. Those have to be he most unflattering clothes ever!

Wendy, loved the K-Swiss and braided belts.

Paige, If we knew each other back then, I'm sure I would've been very jealous of the pastel pink and blue jeans. :) I agree that the wide belt is doable...just not with the 80s T-shirt/dress. :)

The good news is that this round of 80s fashion comebacks look a tad more refined than the originals from the actual 80s.

Shannon said...

After looking through some old photos with mom, I remembered another 80's fashion. The terry cloth one piece jumper with ties at the shoulders! There is a cute picture of us at a football game wearing them. The problem? Mine is a couple sizes too small and my undies are hanging out the sides. real cute.