Thursday, August 24, 2006

Here's a Weird One


Lately peanut butter and jelly sandwiches have sounded and tasted so good to me. But not your normal PB&J. I've been eating them with plain Baked Lays inside the sandwich. Yummy....crunchy, salty, sweet, and soft all in one!!! Is this weird or what?

11 comments:

Wade said...

Gross is more like it! But hey, whatever keeps you happy, right?

I guess this is the first pregnancy-related-weird-food-craving that you've had.

I've had it pretty easy so far with your Braum's ice cream cravings . . . I know, I know - it's for the baby!

Oh hey, you know how the word verification you have to enter to post a comment usually is just jumbled letters? Well, this time it actually spells out 'toerug' - just thought I'd share!

Love you - can't wait until tomorrow!

Shannon said...

I don't think you can blame it on the pregnancy. Didn't you used to put chips in your sandwiches growing up? Maybe it was just in turkey sandwiches. And that was when you would dip an extra piece of bread in the mayo jar as you were making your sandwich...gag!! Love you and your weird food habits!

Anonymous said...

I ate peanut butter, jelly and potato chip sandwiches all my young life. Your Uncle Will still eats peanut butter and jelly with chips. Just another thing to blame your mother for.

Anonymous said...

Oh my gosh, your Dad just told me he at pb&j with chips also!

Kelly said...

First off Shannon, blogs are not the place to air my mayo secrets. :)

I have to say, this hasn't been a pregnancy-induced thing. I think I discovered this combo in the jr. high years, but have just remembered it again.

From the parental comments, I guess it's a family thing. Makes me hungry for one now!

Wade said...

Well now! Dipping plain bread into a mayo jar, huh? Interesting that this is the first I've ever heard of this . . . after being unfairly ridiculed for having an affinity for mayo sandwiches myself when I was a young lad!

Come now, Shannon! What other interesting Kelly-anecdotes do you have for us?

Pearson Family said...

It just doesn't sound good.

Unknown said...

I used to eat mustard sandwiches. I love to eat potato chips on my sandwich! But only Orignial Lays. My husband started putting french fries on his hamburgers and it is yummy too! To eat a PBJ and Lays, I have to mix my pb and j together and it must be grape jelly. Then I crush the chips on top. I also like chips in my chicken salad. I might win the weird award.

Anonymous said...

This is clearly an Enright thing as my mom used to do this too, but with tortilla chips!

Anonymous said...

Actually, the best way to do it is to put the pb on one slice, jelly on the other and the chips on the pb side, then close the sandwich. Tastes best when the bread is really fresh!!! I may just have to buy a loaf of bread and have one tomorrow!!!!!

I don't ever recall using tortilla chips!

Definitely an acquired taste.

Aunt Barb

Kelly said...

Ahhhh...the feeling of knowing you're not alone out there.

Thanks everyone for sharing your similar sandwich quirks...let's all go enjoy our weirdness and have a sandwich today! :)