Saturday, August 19, 2006

Waterworks

The waterworks have been flowing lately.

Last week Wade and I ate a nice dinner at home. All of a sudden, instant tears, as I thought to myself that very soon things will never be the same. I'm still over the moon that we're going to have a baby, but I was also really sad that the past 7 years we've had just the 2 of us are over and will be different.

So then I'm at my sister's house and the tears start coming down when I hear a song in a TV commercial from the movie "She's Having a Baby."

The worst (and most embarassing) was Friday on my way home from traveling for work for 5 straight days. I was tired, hot, and wanted to be home. Troubles at the rental car company made me 2 minutes too late to be able to get on my flight home. Instant tears...serious tears...that I couldn't stop. I'm sure the airline attendant was confused, since the next flight was just an hour later. But it was too late, the tears were flowing.

It's all a little embarasing, and I don't seem to be able to stop the tears once they start. I hate to pull the pregnancy card, but these hormones are taking over.

Let's hope this isn't a permanent side effect!

7 comments:

Pearson Family said...

oh the emotions that come with being pregnant. Hang in there, for me it got worse, but I also added in EXTREMELY MOODY and the inability to make a decision. Pull the pregnancy card when ever you feel like it, you are PREGNANT! These precious bundles of joy do a number to our systems. Sorry about the flight!

mcjacobsjournal said...

I'm with Paige! The pregnancy card is not an excuse---it's true! I've never understood the power of hormones to reduce me to tears in an instant....but it's happened all three times now to me! And, I'm sure it's so funny from our husband's perspectives. I remember Mark comforting me for hours when I just broke down about having our second. I was inconsolable about 3 weeks before Carlie arrived, thinking I wouldn't be able to love her. WHAT?!

Good luck. Feel free to blog about the emotions. Us mommy readers understand!!

Anonymous said...

Just wait until after you have the baby, they get even worse! I'm sorry you had such an emotional time at the airport.

I hate to say it, but I think the tears are already a permanent trademark of yours:)

Wade said...

Nobody blames you, babe!

And just to let you know, it's kinda weird for me, too! For once I'm not the reason you are crying! I feel like I should be apologizing for something that I did . . . now that I think about it, maybe I should be apologizing for something that I did!

I'm sorry!

In the meantime, cry away - we all understand!

Kelly said...

Thanks gals! Makes me feel better that I'm not a total oddball. :) As my sister mentioned, I've always been a crier (it's genetic--thanks mom!), but pregnancy hormones have seemed to increase the intensity and quickness of the tears.

For now, I'll limit the sappy commercials. :) Hope all is well with all of you!

Shannon said...

You are not an oddball at all! When will you be staying at our house again?

By the way, do you notice anything different....

Kelly said...

Woo-Hoo...Shannon's a blogger! :) Welcome to the blog world.