Saturday, August 12, 2006

Sweet Saturday

Ahhhhh...today is one of those perfect Saturdays. Nothing scheduled. No place to be at a certain time until later tonight. No timetable.

I have plenty of things I need to do and check off my to-do list (which has become way too long), but I get to decide what and when. Hopefully this doesn't sound too self-absorbed. But during the week at work, I'm pretty much scheduled with conference calls, meetings, and deadlines from the second I walk in the door to the second I leave. So a day like today feels a little liberating! :)

Something tells me 4 months from now my Saturdays will be quite different. For today, I'll enjoy my Sweet Saturday.

______________________________________

End-of-day update -

Mission accomplished: caught-up on Project Runway, watched a movie, paid bills, balanced the checkbook, read a magazine, had a quick nap, cleaned out the junk room, and had a nice dinner with Wade. It was a Sweet Saturday.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

I'm so glad you are having a calm Saturday after an awful scare. I am happy to know the baby is doing fine. My second baby was a NICU baby and you already know about my miscarriage... I know the depth of emotions of scare and loss with a child. God bless you in the parenting journey! I bet you will have very busy, but very sweet Saturdays!

Kelly said...

Thanks so much Kelli! I was telling someone the other day that it has been so much fun catching up with old friends through blogging. But at the same time, I made a "blog friend" with someone I didn't know before. The wonders of technology!

By the way, did you see Project Runway? I loved it! The style icon challenge was pretty cool...I'm becoming quite the fan of Michael.

Unknown said...

Michael and Uli are my favorites. I also like Alison. I loved that challenge too. My all-time fave actress is Audrey Hepburn and I was a little nervous about Angela getting her, but she did good.