I haven't really known what to blog about next. The last few days have pretty much been a cycle of sleep, eat, change. At least for Tate that is. I, on the other hand, haven't had much of the sleeping or changing.
So tonight Wade and I thought we'd be real adventurous and get out of the house for dinner. I had just fed Tate. His diaper was changed. My hair was washed and blow-dried (quite an accomplishment). So we packed up the diaper bag and headed out.
Our dreams started big. Let's go to Cotton Patch. Then the realization that if we go to a restaurant, the timing might not work well.
OK, how about Chick-Fil-A? Most babies fall asleep in the car, right? Very quickly into the trip...as in the second he was buckled into the seat...the crying began. So, maybe we'll just go get the food from the drive-thru.
We live a good 10-15 minutes from Chick-Fil-A, so surely he'll fall asleep? Not our little guy. The crying continued and progressively got louder, louder, and louder until I was crying with him. You would've thought we were driving him to the dentist for a root canal.
Yet again, our plans changed. As we approached our breaking point, Wade spotted a Subway off the side of the road. Quick, pull over! Wade ran in, got our food, and turned the car around to head back home.
So our big adventure out resulted in Subway sandwiches back at the house while Tate had a nice evening nap.
Our senses of humor are still in tact, because we were really able to laugh it all off and know this is just one of many, many stories to come.
Thursday, December 14, 2006
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

6 comments:
One day Kelly this will be Jeff and I-I am sure it is all a little overwhelming right!?! Thank you for giving me the real world of babies-I know it will get easier for the three of you so hang in there. Maybe jeff and I could bring you guys dinner some night-just say the word and we will do it. Let's just wait until AFTER the holidays-okay! :)
Susan
Most impressive about the blown out hair. In my experience most of the battle is getting in the car and out the door while everyone, especially the diaper, is clean. Sounds like you got that part down!
Kelly, I've been trying to leave you a comment, but don't have the google thing. I left a comment on Wade's a few days ago and can't leave one there now either. Congratulations on Tate! He's precious! Boys are fun to raise-never a dull moment!!!
Hang in there... Keep the sense of humor...And be ready to change plans with moments notice.
Kelly, I just watched Tate's video on Wade's blog (so precious, by the way) and I thought I'd tell you your L and D nurse is my neighbor Jami! She lives behind me and we have played on a neighborhood bunko team together. She is a great person and I'm glad she was your nurse!
Susan,
That is so sweet of you to offer. Give us a call after the holidays and we'll figure out a good time.
Laura,
Good to hear from you. Blogging is such a great way to catch up with lots of ACUers.
Kelli,
What a small world! That is crazy that Jami is your neighbor. She was a wonderful nurse. She was with me 12 of the 13 hours of labor, but her shift was over right at the very end. She was so sweet, though, and called to check on us later that night.
Tell her hello and thanks again!
Post a Comment