Monday, December 04, 2006

Here We Go...

It's 10:00 p.m. the night before I have a baby. Crazy! I'm actually feeling a little nauseous right now. Not from early labor, but because we're about to have a baby!!! All kinds of emotions at once...excitement, anticipation, fear, happiness, worry, and everything else in between.

More than anything, I am so excited to meet my son. It's weird even typing that. I've asked for and prayed for this little person even before I knew he had life or that he was a he. I'm so thankful for the healthy pregnancy I've had and continue to ask that God provide a healthy baby tomorrow.

Today was a good day of getting all of the last minute things done, and we wrapped up the night with dinner with my parents at La Madeleine. That's also the same place I told Wade that I was pregnant.

Here are some pictures of the nursery. There are still a few more things to add and finish, but it is definitely ready and waiting for its new occupant. We went somewhat gender neutral with slate blue, chocolate brown, and khaki colors. My attempt to "boy" it up a little is the collection of old vintage racing posters. I hope this doesn't give him any ideas of driving, skiing, or cycling too fast. :)


By the way, I'd love any advice on tying a decent knot. I can't make those crib bumper pads tie on and look half way decent.




I kept hearing over and over how many diapers you go through and how expensive they are, so months ago, we slowly started the collection. Those $1.50 Pampers coupons help as well!




This one is probably the most embarassing. The kid's got a full closet of clothes already. This is thanks to the incredible generosity of family and friends, and my off-season clearance finds. For all of my friends out there with boys on the way, I'll be sure to share the love and clothes.



And this last one is at dinner tonight. One last picture of the family of 2. It will soon be 3.


Goodnight Baby Tate. We can't wait until tomorrow when we get to hold you!

5 comments:

Susan @ Blessed Assurances said...

Right at this moment you are starting the process of labor. I just want you to know that I have been praying for you, Wade and baby Tate. God bless you today!

Susan Young

Wendy said...

Thinking and praying about you guys today! Can't wait to see pics!

P.S. It still cracks me up that we saw you guys at La Madeleine the night you told Wade!

laura said...

what a beautiful job you did on the nursery! it is going to be such a perfect home for little Tate! You guys are in our prayers today as you welcome him into this world. God bless you, all three :)

mcjacobsjournal said...

We have been thinking of you today! Can't wait to see the "He's Here!" post!! The nursery looks adorable and will be even cuter with him in it. :)

And, I LOVE the clothes. That is so cute that he is that well-stocked.

I hope all is going well for you right now! Keep us posted.

Pearson Family said...

Waiting to hear!! Nursery looks so cute!