We started the day at home. Wade and I rushed downstairs to open stockings from each other before Tate woke up. Then we had fun opening a few gifts that we had bought for Tate. That was the extent of our gift-giving. Instead of giving gifts to each other this year, we decided to buy one big item.
As a true "30-something" Christmas, our gift to each other this year was interesting...a vacuum cleaner! I'm not sure I would've been as accepting of that idea several years ago, but as we celebrated our 11th Christmas together (wow, we're getting old!), I was actually pretty open-minded. We bought the Dyson Animal vacuum cleaner. With a long-haired dog and very light-colored carpet, we needed something serious to keep it clean. So, I came to terms with the idea of receiving an appliance for Christmas and am actually excited to start using it.
From there, we had two more rounds with both sets of families. The Enright Christmas this year definitely had a theme...a California Christmas.
For those that don't know, my dad, aunt, uncle, grandmother, grandfather, and great uncle (there might even be more that I'm forgetting) all graduated from the University of California at Berkeley. So between all of the presents from my aunt and dad, Tate is now well-accessorized with CAL paraphernalia...2 bibs, 1 T-shirt, 4 onesies, 1 football, 1 basketball, and 1 soccer ball. Tate says thank you! :)
Wade and I realized, we need to stock up and balance it with some ACU gear.
Having Tate with us made this a Christmas we'll never forget . Yet again, a time to be thankful for the many blessings we've received this year.

6 comments:
Yeah Tate, your Grandpa says GO BEARS!!!
rpe
Kelly,
I showed my mom pictures of Tate when he was first born and she said that he looks just like Wade as a baby. Wierd that my mom remembers that and funny that Wade and I go that far back.
Sounds like you had a great Christmas-I hope you are settling into a routine-if a routine can be had with a newborn in the house.
Susan
Hey Tate--Go Bears!!!!!!!!!!!!!! We're looking forward to you upholdng the family tradition in good ole CA!!!!!!! Look what we did to Texas A & M!!
Got myself the same vac this summer...works great on that dog hair. I'm sure you'll enjoy more than some other
"meaningful" Christmas present!
Who else-Aunt B
You know, the only affiliation we have in our family is my dear in-laws - they were Aggies. I'm good with the maroon-and-white, and I'm even cool with my alma mater Harding's black and gold. But really, I want my boy to go home in something near and dear to my heart...something more...Dallas Mavericks! :-)
Hey Suz,
Wow! Your Mom has great memory!
I have to say that I'm a little embarrassed that I didn't know she knew me, much less remembered what I looked like, when I was that young.
Aw, we go back farther than I realized!
W
Susan,
That's so funny that your mom could see the similarities. She has a good memory!
Aunt B & Dad,
Glad you like his CAL pride. Also, glad that they won the Holiday Bowl. It did spark an interesting conversation between me and Wade. What if Tate wants to go to CAL instead of ACU...what will we do? Hmmmmmm?
Eric,
We have been looking for Mavericks baby clothes everywhere and can't find any. I wanted to get one for Tate (really Wade) for Christmas. I can't find a Mavs jersey in a baby size...I could only find toddler sizes. Maybe I'll e-mail Mark Cuban and ask him? :)
Post a Comment