Tuesday, July 08, 2008

2008 Strzinek Summer Series #3

This is way overdue, but I had to make sure and include a post about Tate’s first ever Vacation Bible School. It’s actually not called Vacation Bible School at RHCC, but you get the point. So his first ever Summer Spectacular was pretty spectacular. All three of us were impressed along with the 4,000+ who attended throughout the three nights.




This year’s theme was Jonah and after the classes, there was a musical of the story covered over the three nights. I wasn’t sure how Tate would do at that portion since it was well into the evening, but he liked watching the big chorus acts, bounced and clapped to the music, and LOVED when the huge fish came down and swallowed Jonah. He watched that fish the entire way down from the balcony, across the stage, and out of the auditorium. Ever since then, I can get a big laugh out of him when I say “Jonah, Jonah, Jonah” in my Jaws voice. My favorite part of the musical was the Nineveh song to the tune of Thriller.







Wade & I helped out in the 4s class and got to have fun with another big fish. I can’t take any credit for this impressive craftsmanship. Several people spent several days and nights putting it together (big props to the B's, O's, and O's). The kids loved it, and we all had a fun time!



I know that we have some time before Tate comes home with a memory verse or craft of his own, but I still loved watching him enjoy himself. And I loved thinking about all of the Summer Spectaculars in the years to come and all of the wonderful things he’ll learn.


10 comments:

Shannon said...

Wow. That is impressive. We will definitely have to attend next year. Mallory would have a ball!

Keri said...

How fun!! :) I love VBS (Summer Spectaculars!)

Kristen OQ said...

We had a great time being in the room with you guys!

We need to have a SS reunion dinner soon at our house. Kevin and I feel like we are in withdrawal from all of our "making a whale" friends after all the time we spent getting things ready!

Jody said...

I can't wait to catch up on many topics, but this is FOR SURE one I would love to hear more about!
We are really happy for you guys in your new surroundings. We miss you as well.
Janell

Kendra said...

What an amazing whale you guys had!!! It was a blast, that's for sure!

Phillips Family said...

That whale is great! Glad that y'all enjoyed VBS!

Jennifer said...

Looks fun!

Linda said...

Wow Kelly! That looks like an amazingly good time!!! :o) And here I was so proud of my room at VBS. hehe! ;o)

Wani said...

Our boys loved VBS this year!

The Walters' Family said...

Wade and Kelly,
What a beautiful family you have!!! I can't believe it has been 10 years since we graduated. It doesn't seem like it was that long ago we were in Gata together, and I was your neighbor at University Park. We just moved from our 3 yr. stay in Abilene. Oh, how I miss it!! My husband is now stationed at Scott AFB, near St. Louis, MO. I will definitely try hard to make it back!
Sincerely,
Dorothy