Thursday, July 24, 2008

Another Downside of the DVR

I experienced the ultimate downside of the DVR awhile ago, but then it recently happened again with yet another reality show.

I rarely see commercials these days because the limited TV I do watch is recorded on the DVR with the exception of a few minutes of local news here and there. So imagine my shock (yes, I don’t use that word lightly) when I read on Susan’s blog that one of my favorite shows had already started a new season. Shock people…I had no idea and had obviously missed all of the promo commercials for it!



So now that the DVR and I are friends again, I am all caught up on Project Runway Season 5.

Is it just me or does it appear that a requirement for the contestants this year is that 1/3 of your body must be covered in elaborate tattoos? If that doesn’t make them look cool enough, then it appears that speaking in third person or adding “licous” to regular words does.

No matter, I love, love, love this show….which is pretty ironic considering I have absolutely NO idea how to even sew a button.

Make it work Kelly’s blogalicous friends!

2 comments:

Sarah B said...

The same thing happened to me!!! I just recently acquired DVR, too (and yes, am loving it). But I also blame little to no summer TV as to why I missed the commercials. Oh well - I'm caught up as well. Just frustrated with a couple of the selfish attitudes so far. Such is the show! :)

Can we expect weekly updates like AI?? :)

Baby Blog Addict said...

Congratulations, Kelly! You won the $40 gift certificate to Word Candy Vinyl on BabyBlogAddict.com.

Please email me - babyblogaddict {at} yahoo {dot} com -
with your email address and I'll put you in touch with Allie at Word Candy Vinyl.

Thanks for stopping by BabyBlogAddict.com. Please come back as we will continue to have giveaways througout our Quadathon and beyond.

Jennifer
-BabyBlogAddict.com

Jackaroos Boutique