My list of things to blog about keeps getting longer, but I had to first post what happened tonight:
Walking isn't quite his preferred or most coordinated mode of transportation yet, but he loves being able to go about 10 feet. And of course, we love it. I know it's a big moment for every parent, but my heart is just about to burst with pride knowing how hard he (and we) have worked at this.
I'm sure there are many, many more bruises (notice the one on his cheek from walking by the window sill) to come in the next few weeks as the wobbliness works itself out, but it is all worth it to see that smile on his face.
And here's an outtake for our special features section:
Sunday, July 20, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

22 comments:
Woo Hoo!!! Way to go Tate!
That's my boy!
Yeah for Tate and yeah for you and Wade!!!! I know y'all are beyond thrilled!
I have to admitt that I slightly giggled at the "Outake" video. Sweet boy.
Was this after Incredible Pizza last night?!?! I am so excited for him (and you guys too!).
What a big night for your family!
Yeah TATE!!! I am so proud. I know how long we have all waited to see sweet Tate glide across that floor. Enjoy this moment, you guys deserve it.
Congrats to the whole family!! Always means more when you have to work harder to get there. :)
Way to go Tate!! Looking forward to taking you on "walks" now (and getting rid of that stroller!)!!
Grandpa
Ah that joy in his face, so cute. Hurray for Tate! (And for the two of you!)
Unbelievable!!! I could tell this weekend he was REALLY concentrating on getting this thing done! He is our little hero!
WAY TO GO TATE!! We are so proud of you big boy!!
Lots of love,
The Bunt clan
I've watched the video at least 10 times this morning, and every time my eyes well up.
I can't wait for my little buddy to walk into Mimi's arms with that great big smile on his face!
Woo hoo! LOVE the smiles on your face Tate! We are so proud of you. Can't wait to see it "live"!!
I don't remember ever being so proud of a baby's first steps (not even my own children) as to see your precious Tate! What a blessing! And I know a real joy in your heart! He is just such a cutie! You do know there will come a time that you will wish for those crawling days! lol
I have to be honest...this post brought tears to my eyes! Way to go Tate!
Jody
This is awesome Kelly! I caught up on your blog today! Good to "see" you!
YEAH TATE!! That is such a cute thing and walking is such a big deal:)
Great job Tate! I saw the bruise on Sunday night- poor little thing!
I am so very excited for you guys!!! I think of Tate man often and know I will think of him WALKING!!! What a joy for you guys. He did it!!!!!!!!!!!!
Kelly, I'm out of town and supposed to be working but I checked the A-team blog which had no new posts and then clicked on your link - WOW!!!! Lots of tears here in CA - this made my day - I am so so so happy!!!! -Lori
That makes my heart smile! Thanking you for posting your sweet boy's accomplishments. We all share in your joy!
oh my goodness - how wonderful!! congratulations to little tate and to you and wade!
AUGH!!! YAY TATE!!!! I'm so so proud of him that is so exciting!!!
-Laura M
Hi Kelly,
I like how Tate asked for his Mommy after walking to Daddy...cute.
Russ:)
Post a Comment