Wednesday, July 09, 2008

Clear the Way!



While we were in Lake Tahoe last week, Tate really got the hang of walking while someone was holding his hands. So once we got home, the push toy walker was a breeze for him. I think there's still some time before he's completely walking on his own, but it looks like that time will be here soon.

We are so excited for him and proud of him. And as you can see, he's pretty excited himself.

14 comments:

Shannon said...

Kelly! I am so proud of Tate! That is awesome. We can't wait to hold his hand and walk with him next time we see him.

Monica said...

I am so very very excited for you!!!! What a sweet thing to see! I know there are MANY people cheering him on as his walks. Praise God. What a answer to a mommy's prayer! I know your heart is excited.

Phillips Family said...

Hooray! This makes me smile so big for sweet Tate! Walking solo will be here soon!

One thing that worked with Isaac, who was quite the hesitant walker, was taking him to a park and doing the whole "holding my hand and walking thing." Then I would let go (after prying off his little fingers) and he would take a few steps on his own. The distractions of the park kept him from fully realizing what he was doing. We did this a lot to build up his confidence and to help him walk all by himself.

Yeah (again) for Tate. I know y'all are thrilled!

Shannon said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Wade said...

That's my boy!

Laura Scott said...

Yeah Tate! Way to go! We're cheering for ya!

Anonymous said...

Kelly, I am so excited for you all! I know Tate is so proud of himself. Can't wait to see him in action. What an exciting time. Just wait---here he comes :)

Linda said...

Aww! My heart is just full of joy for you! I know that wonderful feeling that comes when you see your child accomplish something and to feel *their* pride in it. So priceless.

I'm so proud of him!

Jody said...

Once again........ tears!
He ROCKS! So proud for you and prod of him!
Love you.
J

Kendra said...

I LOVE THIS! He has gotten FAST! Watch out, world - and get your runnin' shoes on, Mom and Dad - this boy is on the move! Love it.

Audra Laney said...

Congratulations, Mr. Tate!! I know you're the proudest Mommy in the world!

Amy said...

good for tate! congratulations to that cute little guy! and to you and wade. that is great news.

Lisa said...

Oh wow! Way to go, Tate!

Kristen OQ said...

Good for Tate! I actually have a push toy thing sitting in my garage right now if you are interested in borrowing it. Just in case he would like a little variety! ;)