Saturday, August 16, 2008

Holy Toledo!

How in the world did he do that? He as in Michael Phelps. I thought for sure the gold medal streak was over, but no, the Wonderboy did it again. I'm curious if this will be a "Where were you when Michael Phelps..." moment.

Other random Olympic thoughts...

For many years, my Dad was on the swim team and was next door neighbors with Mark Spitz. Pretty cool, huh?

I think when we go to the pool this weekend, it would be really funny if Wade and I did a Phelps like warm-up....dried off the side of the pool, sipped the water, stretched our legs, and did 3 crazy arm thrusts. Then jumped into the kiddie pool to walk around with Tate.

Watching Bela Karolyi watch the girl's gymnastics was hilarious.

Now the insanely fast, inhuman track and field begins. Even though it took me 100 times longer to finish my marathon, I get to feel like me and the Kenyans are kindred spirits. Isn't that what those Visa commercials are all about...One World. Kelly and the Kenyans.

Happy Olympic Weekend!

8 comments:

Shannon said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Shannon said...

Okay, that might be the most hilarious thing I've ever read! Please, please do the warm up at the pool. I'd pay money to see it in person!!

You are too much.

Audra Laney said...

If you do the warm up, please video it and post it on here. We don't wanna miss that!

I was in the hearth room with my mom and son watching Phelps last night. I told Drew I was going to have to write in his book that Phelps won the race the year Drew was born!

Wade said...

You're a crack up, Babe!

Phillips Family said...

I would pay good money to see you and Wade do a "Phelps" warm-up by the baby pool and then the warm-down of five men massaging your limbs...

Jenni said...

I was on a scrapbook retreat this weekend and thankfully, we had cable to be able to watch Michael make history! It was so fun....can't even believe it.....and yes, I echo everyone else who would love to see you and Wade do the warmup!

Jody said...

I am with Wade! You are a crack up! Yes, that is what Visa is all about... Kelly and the Kenyans!

If you and Wade pull a Phelps... I want pictures. Too funny!

See you soon.

Laura Scott said...

I'm laughing! So did yall do the warm up at the pool? :)