I was tagged by my sister’s husband’s brother’s wife…or Jenn ...to keep it simple. I’ve done the “6 Randoms” tag before and am already a pretty open book, so I’ve had to think hard on this one.
1. I’ve had the exact same breakfast probably 90% of the time every single day for a good 8+ years. What is this breakfast that I can’t seem to live without? Two pieces of wheat bread, reduced fat crunchy peanut butter, and a Diet Coke (or 2) with a straw. The really weird part is that I fold each piece of bread in half. I have no idea why I do that. I’m pretty much addicted to this for breakfast and never get tired of it. I’ve even been know to bring my own bread and peanut butter with me when I travel. Embarrassing!
2. I’ve mentioned before my hobby/obsession with gift wrap, stationary, greeting cards, and cute paper napkins, but I’m not sure if I’ve ever shown the evidence. Let me first say that this little hobby was much easier when we were a two income family with no kiddo. My trips to Samplehouse and Swoozies are much less frequent these days, but I still stock up on Costco gift bags and when Target has their big clearances (see all of the red tags).




I had to find an armoire to house all of my goodies. And Wade even made my day once by giving me the book, “The Passion for Gift Wrapping.” It’s a sickness.
3. I can’t roll my Rs.
4. Typos really drive me crazy even though I’m not the best speller or grammar-er.
5. Although, I did make it to the final four in the 2nd grade Spelling Bee. I then misspelled giraffe. 2 Fs...not 2 Rs...what was I thinking?!
6. I absolutely hate being late but find myself late most of the time.
That's enough of my weirdness for now.

9 comments:
I always love reading these kinds of posts! Thanks for sharing your "weirdness" (hee hee!)
I love me some Swoozies and Samplehouse! My poor wallet cannot handle the fact they are a mere parking lot apart from each other.
Last Spring, I made the mistake of taking the kids into Samplehouse to buy a teacher gift. E. was in the stroller...Isaac was not. I about had a heart attack as he "admired" all of the expensive things.
That is quite an impressive passion. I had a job in a gift store back in Abilene where they were known for the perfect custom bows and gift wrap. It was so much fun and brought out the perfectionist in me. I love to wrap gifts and see people's reactions. How fun that you like even more than I do. I don't have the fancy storage armoire. Very cool.
My former business partner's son-in-law was the Hallmark rep in one of the Dallas areas. We got all of his closeouts! That was fun! Typos are a huge thing with me...too many years as a copywriter & editor!
Hey, collecting things doesn't make you weird! ;o) Although, the toast thing... JK! We all have our quirks and I love these posts! :o)
I've never been to samplehouse, but I love Swoozie's. I love your breakfast. I go through breakfast stages. The most recent is yogurt and grapenuts which lasted about two years. I currently on the search for the next great breakfast... maybe I'll try PB and toast!
Thanks for having us over- we had a great time!
I was going to ask to see your wrapping stuff, but forgot! I'm glad you posted pics!
I didn't know any of those things about you . . except the breakfast thing. i think I remember maybe Wade mentioning it in one of his posts long ago? Anyway - fun info on my friend! I LOVE your wrapping items armoire!! Great!!
Man I was looking for someone who knew how to spell giraFFe just about two weeks ago!!! I should have called you!! We need to get together soon. Any plans for next week? This week being a short week and we are going to Abilene on Friday I feel booked. : )
My mom has a "thing" for pretty paper napkins, too. She "files" them chronologically by holiday, so when she's packing a lunch, or setting a lunch table, she can easily find the most suitable one! You're right...a sickness! LOL!
Post a Comment