Wednesday, August 20, 2008

More Cousin Time


We had a fun day with Tate’s older cousins, Trip & Mary Tish. I love so much watching these kids that I knew as babies play with and interact with my little baby. Tate loves being with them so much, and they seem to be pretty entertained and amused by him as well.

I do have to say that things have changed from the days of them coming over and playing with our little box of kid toys. Now that they are 8 and almost 11, we set up video games, watch movies, and bake cakes for fun.

During the movie-watching part, I learned a little lesson. The movie ratings system has changed a little since the ‘80s. Goonies (which is rated PG) caused a few uncomfortable moments for all of us. So my strategy was to just talk to them really loudly during those scenes. Not sure if it worked, but am sure it added to their questions about their crazy Aunt Kelly.

But any questions of my odd, loud talking were erased when we took them to the indoor pool (while it rained outside) and we competed with them in an Olympic-like who-can-go-the-furthest-water-slide contest. This was my first time to go on the big slide…and it was really fun. I actually found myself asking them to go ride it again. I guess all of the Olympic hype is really getting to me. :)

We ended the night with some yummy spice cake, another round of playing with Tate and his toys, and a sweet picture of 3 sweet kids.

4 comments:

Phillips Family said...

Tate is starting to look more and more like a little boy...what a cutie!

Lisa said...

Glad you're all having a fun summer!

Kate said...

Kelly!
I have no idea how I found your blog but YAY! You guys are such a cute family- I've loved getting caught up.
Much Love, your long lost Advertising and PR friend from ACU. :)

Linda said...

What fun Kelly! I know I'll go into Olympic withdrawl after today...I just LOVE the Olympics!

And isn't it funny how differently you watch movies now? Even ones you've seen a trillion times! Too cute.

Love you guys...