
Even though I feel like Wade and I understood the commitment we were making, at least as much as you possibly could at the young age of 23, I look back and realize how little I did know.
I knew I loved Wade with all of my heart. I knew he was the person I wanted to spend the rest of my life with. I knew I was making a lifelong commitment. I even knew I would be spelling out my last name to people for the rest of my life. And I knew it was for better or for worse, of which we’ve had both.
I’m so thankful for the for better parts of the last nine years. They have been filled with so many wonderful experiences, joys, and memories. We have had a lot of fun together and have laughed a lot.
And I even find myself thankful for the for worse parts of the last nine years. We’ve both been forced to grow in sometimes difficult, uncomfortable situations. We’ve experienced hurt, loss, and pain.
But both the better and the worse have brought us closer together, made us stronger, furthered our faith journey, and even increased the love and commitment we share for each other.
I look forward to many, many more for better or for worse years together. Happy Anniversary Wade!
And now to really make me feel old. Here are some shots from the big day at TCU’s Robert Carr Chapel nine years ago. Do we look like little kids or what? Some interesting trivia from our wedding…we had celebrities! Ed McMahon was the chapel wedding coordinator, Emmet Smith was the chapel musician, and Bert Reynolds performed the ceremony.
This is my favorite picture of all. We were just pronounced man and wife!

Of course I would change so many little things, since it seems outdated already. What girl doesn’t say that about her wedding? But overall, most of the ceremony and reception I wouldn't change at all. Bert did a wonderful job of adding so many personal stories to the ceremony. And we all had such a blast at the reception. It was great watching everyone from the little kids to the not-so-little adults shake it out on the dance floor. :)

Of course I would change so many little things, since it seems outdated already. What girl doesn’t say that about her wedding? But overall, most of the ceremony and reception I wouldn't change at all. Bert did a wonderful job of adding so many personal stories to the ceremony. And we all had such a blast at the reception. It was great watching everyone from the little kids to the not-so-little adults shake it out on the dance floor. :)



12 comments:
Happy Anniversary! You were quite the beautiful bride!
Happy Anniversary! I can't believe you've been married for 9 years already! Have a great anniversary.
Aaaah, what beautiful pictures of your special day!
Happy Anniversary!
Happy Anniversary! I can hardly believe that it has been 9 years since we were there celebrating with you. I am glad we were there to enjoy the day with you. Have a wonderful anniversary!
Happy Anniversary. What a beautiful day!
Let me add my Happy Anniversary wishes! Thanks for sharing the pics :)
Aww . . beautiful pics, beautiful post, and you are right . .you guys DO look like babies! I think 9 years will do that to you. 10 years and 3 kids has done some aging for us as well!! he!
You look beautiful! Happy Anniversary!
By the way, I miss Tate!
Congrats on your wedding anniversary. Your wedding looked so beautiful:)
Happy Anniversary! Your dress was gorgeous!
Ah, *sniff* that was such a beautiful post - I loved it. I am way too late for the anniversary, but I hope you had a lovely time!
I was at that wedding! I was freaking out a little that night because we had left 3-month-old Julia with Chad's aunt in Dallas and I wasn't used to being without her. Now she's a tall, lanky 9-year-old who's up to my chin.
Regardless, your wedding was gorgeous and we were so glad to be there!
Post a Comment