Until then, here's a recap of my Saturday. It started with Tate going to his first birthday party for friends. His super-cool friends Alex & Addison turned one this past week, and we loved celebrating with them. It has been a fun journey experiencing parenthood for the first time with our special friends, and we look forward to many more years of fun to come.
I then quickly switched gears from one year olds to tween girls. Wow, that is quite the switch.
Our Christmas present to our 8 1/2 year old niece, Mary Tish, was a big day out and show with Aunt Kelly. We started with shopping around and trying on all kinds of bling at Claire's.

Then she got to have her own mini-mani at Sweet & Sassy. I'm sure I had a deer in the headlights look as I gawked at all of the craziness there...glitter, fashion shows, feather boas, make-up, and what in the world are these Webkinz? They're everywhere!

Next was going to her pick for dinner...Mi Cocina...my kind of girl!

Then the big highlight was seeing the show, High School Musical on Ice. At dinner, she had to give me the overview, since I'm a little out of touch. Here's the big scene when Troy & Gabriella rushed from the basketball tournament and academic decathlon and sang for the big musical. We were all pretty nervous wondering if they would make it. :)

And just when you think it's over...there's a sequel! After intermission they performed the ice version of High School Musical 2. Here's the big finale.

I had all kinds of flashbacks to my NKOTB days as I sat in an arena of screaming girls. They all seemed to know just about every word to every song and were quite gaga over Troy. Although, the girls in front of us seemed pretty disappointed when they realized the ice version of Troy isn't the same Troy as in the movie.
She is a hoot, and we had a great day full of all kinds of conversations and fun!

3 comments:
Fun! What an awesome aunt you are! Your niece is so lucky (and very adorable!) I felt really out of the loop, so I actually sat down & watched High School Musical (the first one) a few months ago. Now I don't feel so clueless!
Ah, NKOTB... what a blast from the past! That was the first concert I ever went to - I was in 8th grade! I hear the boys are making a comeback??!!
Seriously Kelly, you are the coolest Aunt! I want to be like you:)
Mary Tish looks so grown up!
How fun! What an awesome Aunt!
Post a Comment