Thursday, April 17, 2008

Things I Love Right Now

Adult conversation

We went to dinner with some friends (sans the Tater Tot) Friday night (great authentic Mexican food in the Stockyards) and were shocked when we realized we had been at our table eating and talking for 3 hours. And to make it even more impressive, we didn’t even talk about kids (that much)!

The DVR

Part of the fascinating adult conversation mentioned above was about the DVR. I’ve realized that it has transformed (powerful word, I know, but it’s true) the way I watch TV. I was worried at first that it would cause me to watch more TV, but I actually think I watch less, because it’s more efficient. Now, we just need the radio version.

Spring

Fall used to be my favorite season, but I think having a child has changed that. I’m now in love with Spring. It was high time that we are able to get out of the house more and burn off lots of energy.

Costco

For many out there, this is way old news. I have just recently jumped on the Costco bandwagon. I’ve mooched off friends in the past, so I could get their steal-of-a-deal box of gift bags or cards, but I figure it was time to join the land of bulk purchases. Sure our pantry is now busting at the seams with a box of 80 granola bars and 50 rolls of toilet paper, but the deals are too good to be true.

This Video




I stole it from Eric’s blog and thought it was so cool.

3 comments:

Eric Swayne said...

Sweet! The last time my blog was ripped off it was just for a bunch of spam blogs - and they never linked back to me! Thanks!

Shannon said...

I miss our DVR! We had to tape the Office on VHS (gasp!) last night.

Lisa said...

Yeah, I really don't know how I survived so long without DVR!

Spring is definitely a great time for kids - it's not too cold & not too hot yet to be outside for hours & hours!

We usd to be Sam's Club members, but we jumped on the bandwagon too & are now proud Costco members! Here's to shopping inbulk!