So about a week or so ago, Tate turned 16 months old. It’s funny to look at the last Tate post I wrote (14 months old) because a lot has changed since then. Since early March, he has become the master crawler up on all fours. Once he figured it out, he was ready to go. Our lives have never been the same. :) And he is FAST. I think he’s pretty fascinated by it as well, because sometimes when he’s crawling really fast, he’ll look down and watch his legs go. That usually results in him running into a wall or landing face first on the ground…hence the numerous amount of bruises the poor kid has.
Finally getting the hang of crawling has made so many more things fun for him, and he seems to be a lot less frustrated with life. He has had a blast at his Gymboree classes lately, which makes for a nice long nap on those afternoons.

Seriously, life is different with a kid that can get around fast. Not to mention he is quite the explorer, so there have been many surprises like this one lately. Yes, those are what you think they are…sorry.

We have a pretty funny video showing one of Tate's creative adventures involving a baby gate, bucket of balls, and stairs, but I can't get it loaded for some reason. I'll post it later.
Another big accomplishment was standing up. It may seem pretty simple, but for him, this really is a biggie. His PT and all of the great staff where he gets physical therapy have been so excited and encouraging about his progress. He isn’t the most confident at it yet and is still very unsteady, but he LOVES to stand at his bedroom window and look outside. I can get him to stand there for a good 15 minutes straight (which for his short attention span is A LOT) looking at the trees, birds, cars, and kids playing.

The past couple of months, he has really started playing with his cars and loves his fire truck (which also includes him making a fire truck siren noise) and watching airplanes in the sky. The second he hears one (even if we’re inside), he sticks his hand up in the air and says “pa.” If we’re driving around, he notices every single 18-wheeler and says “di da,” which in Tateish means “big truck.”

He has also gotten the hang of saying bye-bye, blowing kisses (sometimes to strangers…yikes!), sticking his finger up Macy’s nose (anti-bac wipes to the rescue) and other forms of dog harassment, and doing a signature Tate dance (bouncing).
And we’re realizing that we may have a musician on our hands. I’ve thought it for awhile but have really noticed it recently. He loves playing the piano at both grandparents’ houses, loves when I turn on music anywhere, and will bounce around anytime his toys play music. American Idol 2024 maybe?

Easter Sunday

And this last picture is from my birthday dinner in Southlake. This place has become one of Tate’s favorite places…maybe because we’re there 2-3 times a week? He loves the fountains, birds, people, and crawling around. He even gets upset when we pass it on the highway and don't stop.

It’s been an exhausting, but fun, couple of months with this little guy. I love watching his strong-willed, independent personality emerge and am so proud of all of the hard work he has done. I look forward to many more fun months ahead.

Easter Sunday

And this last picture is from my birthday dinner in Southlake. This place has become one of Tate’s favorite places…maybe because we’re there 2-3 times a week? He loves the fountains, birds, people, and crawling around. He even gets upset when we pass it on the highway and don't stop.

It’s been an exhausting, but fun, couple of months with this little guy. I love watching his strong-willed, independent personality emerge and am so proud of all of the hard work he has done. I look forward to many more fun months ahead.

9 comments:
Kelly
I too will delurk your blog. I love Southlake also:) My girls love it too for the same reasons Tate does. I am so glad we are getting to know yall better. Hope to see you soon.
He's growing up! I think he's looking older every time I see his picture.
I love the tunnel picture. I have one like that of Mallory, we should get them framed for Mom.
He is getting cuter and cuter! Sounds like you guys are having such fun with him and all his milestones!
He is such a cutie and we are as proud of him as though he was "our grandbaby." It is awesome to see his accomplishments and know how faithful God is with our children! I love catching up with Mr. Tate in your blogs!
what a big boy!
I love the picture of him looking out the window. He looks to be in deep thought about what the kids are doing. So glad he is crawling around keeping you guys on your toes.
Exhausting is the perfect word for this age! Tate is a doll Kelly. Love the update.
Glad that the window is encouraging Tate to practice his standing skills! He is adorable as always...espcially the picture of him in the tunnel!
I can't believe how big he is now! He's such a handsome little man!
Post a Comment