Tuesday, April 01, 2008

Top 9

I was not that excited at first to hear that this week was Dolly Parton Week. Things have obviously worked out for her, but aside from Islands in the Stream and Working 9 to 5 (thank GOODNESS no one sang that), I really didn’t know many of her songs. But, I may just have to go buy Dolly’s Greatest Hits after tonight’s show. I was quite impressed.

Usually I tend to agree with most of Simon’s comments, but he was pretty picky tonight. My favorites were the three that have been my favorites all along:




Finally Michael! He is a cutie (with a great accent), and I thought this was his best so far…finally! No matter what happens, this guy is going to be successful.




I’m so glad David listened to whoever suggested the new hairstyle. Much better! I think he deserves to be the winner. I’m not sure if he will actually win, but he is by far the most talented one up there. The sparrow song was pretty cool.



And Brooke is my favorite girl. I hadn’t ever heard the song before, but I liked it and didn’t think it was near as strange as Simon said. Let it Be was still her claim to fame, and I’m not sure if she’ll be able to top that again.

Other thoughts…I think it may be time for little Ramiele to go home. Yes, David A. can sing, but he seems like he’s about 45, not 17. Carly, don’t listen to Simon about how you dress, it’s what differentiates you, so go with it.

Anything I missed?

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

OK Kelly, I can't believe you haven't heard most of Dolly's songs. You don't know what you've missed. Would have been so much better if she had done all the singing, but I will hand it to your friend the Aussie...

Hope to see you in June and I will make sure I bring ALL my Dolly CDS...

Aunt B

Sarah B said...

I'm with you on all your comments. While I've always liked Dolly, I didn't know many of her songs either and was pleasantly surprised with most of them, too! I'm still a fan of David A, but I'm not sure he can go the distance. I think from here on out, it'll be lots of surprises on results show, though, because there's such a variety of talent/popularity. (Hey, I may need to come watch the finale with you - I hate watching it by myself! :)

Susan @ Blessed Assurances said...

My top 3 are your top 3.

I was thinking the same thing about Ramiele, not sure why she is still there. She doesn't have a great voice and she does not have the talent like the others. I love that they are letting this year's contestants play instruments.

Brooke White is my all time favorite and I hope she goes far!

Holly O'Quinn said...

Michael Johns was at the top of my list last night. I think Brooke and David C. were in second. I agree with you that the content in which David A. sings is kind of weird. If he were a girl Simon would rip him apart! The kid might have an "old soul" or whatever but like you said, he sings songs that are better suited for a 45 year old. Ramiele drives me nuts and should have gone home last week. Her performance this week was really flat. She's got the cute thing going for her though. Also, I'm glad you commented on Kristy Lee and the God Bless the USA. I couldn't believe how much the judges praised her for that performance last week. I was floored! I thought it was not only cheesy but not to great either. I really want David Cook to win this thing. He's the best....

Kent said...

You had never heard "Jolene" before? Wow! That's actually one of her signature tunes. You do need to get some Dolly CDs and listen up. She is one of the greatest female artists ever. Tate needs to grow up knowing the work of the great Dolly.

Kent

Amy said...

i cannot believe brooke was in the bottom 3!!!!

Shelley said...

I am really pulling for Brooke. I think she is so original!

Phillips Family said...

I don't watch AI, so I have nothing to share.....except that I went to a local paper/stationary store in our area that you have talked about on your blog (not naming for privacy reasons). All I can say is "Oh my goodness!!!" That store is heaven, especially since you can get Mexican food next door and gourmet groceries across the parking lot. Love it!

Wade said...

Hey L,

Let me caution you on your "that place is Heaven" thinking! You may not be aware of this but they play Christmas music in October and therefore they make my list of Places That Most Remind Me of Satan's Den (along with the Gaylord Texan and IKEA - for different but equally disturbing reasons)!

I know! It's heart-breaking! But I knew you'd want someone to tell you before you wasted a lot of $$ there!

But you're right about the gourmet food across the parking lot - yum!

W