Wednesday, April 16, 2008

Top 7

Still bitter about Michael Johns being gone, but I’m moving on. This was another week where I’m just not feeling the theme. Yes, Mariah has broken Elvis’ record. And yes, the girl can sing, but I’m just not a big fan of hers. Let’s hope the themes get better, because I’m ready to be wowed again.

So…last night was a strange one. I think David C. probably did have the best performance overall, but I didn’t enjoy this out-of-the-box performance near as much as his previous ones. He still keeps showing that he deserves to win, though.



I thought Jason Castro did a great job and the arrangement was creative, but again, I don’t think he’ll make it much further.



And yes, David A. did good. I’m kind of wondering if the final two will be the battle of the Davids???

I was so bummed with Brooke. It started off great, but then you could just see her nerves get the best of her about halfway through the song. I’m starting to get a little worried for her.

Like last week, I’m thinking Syesha or Carlie will go home next.

And for all of you AI fans, I was inspired with an idea from Sarah B. For anyone who is from around my neck of the woods, come on over to our house for an AI finale-watching party. I’m not sure what that date is yet, but it should be fun. I’ll send an e-mail out with more details once it gets closer. Let me know if you want to come!

4 comments:

Susan @ Blessed Assurances said...

Oh that would be fun! Count me in

I am a bit worried for Brooke too. She is so sweet. I am not a real big fan of Mariah Carey so I had a hard time getting into last night. I am curious to see who will get the boot after last weeks shocker of the year.

Wade said...

I'm always game for having company over but know that I reserve the right to conveniently misplace the remote control should there be a Maverick play-off game the same night as the finale!!!

But don't worry, I'll switch it back to AI during commercials and halftime! I know, I know - I'm such a sweet and thoughtful husband!!

Kristen OQ said...

I am so glad to know you are a big AI fan too! We love that show (so much that I went to the first AI concert with Kelly Clarkson just a few weeks before having Sam who is 5 now!).

We were so sad last week to see Michael Johns leave, but our favorite is David Cook. Although part of me is not wanting him to win so he can take off in the direction he wants to go (ala Chris Daughtry)

Glad to find your blog! Hope to see you guys tonight at small group -- we can catch up in person about all things American Idol!

Sarah B said...

Yea for a party! :) I'm also a bit worried for Brooke, but I did vote this week, so it won't be my fault! I'd be ok with a battle of the Davids for the finale...

As for themes, I remember Andrew Lloyd Webber being a mentor so I'll look forward to Broadway week since I love that music.