Tuesday, April 28, 2009

American Idol ~ Top 5

It’s late, so I’m writing this fast, but I know there are a lot more of you AI addicts out there than I realized. At a girl’s night recently, I found out that many more of you are watching. Speak up and share your thoughts. :)

First off…Jamie Foxx???? What? I was convinced the secret mentor would be Harry Connick, Jr. Clearly I’m stuck in the ‘90s.

I was pleasantly surprised because I thought Danny was the best of the night. I’ve always thought he was good, but it was just kind of the same thing week after week. This wasn’t necessarily really different for him, but I thought he was great. Probably the best song choice of all, and it worked great for his voice. I hope he’ll change some things up, though, in these last few weeks.

Kris ~ I’m a big Kris fan, but I agreed with Simon and didn’t think it was quite as great as the others said. He is still one of my favorites.

Allison ~ I know a lot of you aren’t fans of hers, but I am still so impressed with her talent. I thought she did a great job toning everything down (including her hair!) and sounded really good. I still may not buy any of her music, but I appreciate her talent.

Matt G. ~ I’m thinking he’ll be going home. I love his style and expected big things from him tonight, but it seemed a little off to me. Maybe he was trying too hard? Bummer.

Adam ~ OK Adam, we get the point. I’ve enjoyed all of his big performances, but this was a little much. I’m still a fan and think that he might fit the “American Idol” role the best, but come on. And it didn’t sound near as good as his other songs. I’m sure he’ll still be around for awhile, though.

Thoughts?

7 comments:

Elizabeth Wilson said...

Okay, so I admit I'm reading this and I'll take the pitch and contribute. I loved Jamie Foxx. So good. I thought the group did brilliantly overall tonight. I agree, also, that Danny was my fave tonight. I am a HUGE Adam Lambert fan, and I was not disappointed tonight. I am amazed by his talent. I thought the others were good, but I don't get as big a kick out of Kris as lots of people do. Nothing in particular bothers me; I just think there is more "Wow" quality about Adam or even Danny. Allison is amazing - not exactly my style, but incredible. I hope she'll make it another week or two. Matt is the weakest, even though he was pretty good tonight as well. That's my two cents' worth. :)

Holly O'Quinn said...

This was one of the best AI weeks. Finally! Danny won me over tonight. Did you like how Simon gave credit to Jamie Foxx for bringing something out of him this week? He did quite well. Kris was consistently good and was very strong. Still, nothing beats Ain't No Sunshine When She's Gone performance. I like Allison but I was a little disappointed with her. She's going to be in the bottom three. Poor Matt. I thought for sure he would bring it home this week and he didn't. It was good but Randy was correct about his pitch. It WAS off in places. I went back and watched it. :) Adam is great. I just wished he had stayed true to the song a little more. We know he has any amazing range but do we really need to hear it week after week? I don't know if I would want him singing my baby to sleep. You know?

Amy said...

i can't decide if matt or allison is going home tonight. i've always liked matt, but he just hasn't been getting it done lately.

i think its pretty clear that adam is gonna win this thing, but will the final 2 be adam and kris or adam and danny? i don't even know what i want it to be. i love all of them.

Kristen OQ said...

Here are my thoughts:

1. LOVED Danny last night -- he had gotten a little boring for me the past few weeks, but last night he was back!

2. I still like Kris with a K the best. Hope he wins

3. Adam -- really good, but WAY too theatrical for me. I mean, a shiny white suit? Come on!

4. My guess is that it will be Matt G or Allison going home tonight and whichever one stays, will be going home the next week.

See you tonight!

The Sandersons said...

I really liked this week's show. I'm not a huge Allison fan, but I liked her this week. I also worry that if she makes it big, she might be a Britney Spears part 2...she's so young and impressionable and Hollywood loves to make someone into a train wreck..it's super sad. So for her sake, I hope she's out soon!

Danny and Kris are my faves.

Matt sounded a little off in places.

Adam....I am SO OVER everyone falling all over themselves for him. All he does is scream! Never been a fan of his and he does the same thing every week.

I hope Kris and Danny make the finals.

Unknown said...

I thought Adam was WAY too far over the top. I was expecting show girls to pop up at any second. I think he belongs on Broadway, not AI, because he is very talented. What a wake up call for him to be in the bottom two last night!! Kris is my favorite, bc I think I would buy his music. I think everyone else is talented, but not my style.

Holly said...

I am a little late on this post! I am still a Kris fan and Danny is second on my list. I have to say I am glad Adam was in the bottom 2, he seems a little to confident!