Bird Mom Guilt ~ As a mom, I’m flooded with guilt for all kinds of reasons…some understandable and some really silly. But who knew I would also experience bird mom guilt? The famous Easter egg surprise baby bird eggs are no longer. I came home on Monday to find the nest toppled over and broken eggs on the porch. We’re thinking another bird got into the nest and messed with the eggs. I feel bad for the momma bird and kind of guilty.
Oxygen Levels ~ We had our first experience learning about oxygen levels. Tate had a runny nose, which turned into a cough for a few days. No fever, so we didn’t think much about it. Then he woke up from his nap on Monday with wheezing, labored breathing, and his chest was retracting some. Scary stuff. After a call with the ped. office, we got to spend 2+ hours in the pediatric urgent care clinic. They got his oxygen level from 95 to 97 with a breathing treatment. His chest x-rays cam back normal, so we were free to head home with some meds. I have to give him some credit. I was nervous as to how he would do (considering how hard his experience in the hospital was last year). I guess a year makes a big difference, he did great. I was pretty proud of my big boy and glad that we caught it early enough to be fixed fairly easily.
Vacation ~ My stress level went up a tad considering that the trip to the urgent care clinic was 24 hours before we were scheduled to drop Tate off at my parent’s house for 4 days. The dr. said he should be fine, and gave us “permission” to be OK heading out of town. So Wade & I packed up and spent 4 days together celebrating 10 years of marriage. Here’s a little hint as to where we went and 1 of the 200+ pictures I took. Many more pictures to come.
And a Sister Plug ~ Need some cute burpcloths for your little one, or do you need a gift for a baby shower anytime soon? I’m excited for and proud of my sister for starting her own little business of making baby burpies. They’re adorable, durable, and a good bargain. We see each other pretty often, so for those in Tarrant County, I’m happy to pick up and arrange delivery for any of your orders (or she can ship them). In the first week, she’s sold a ton, so check often for updated inventory. Click here for more info.


2 comments:
Sounds like a scarey event with Tate!! Glad it wasn't anything too serious!!
Congratulations on 10 years!!!! Pretty awesome! Where did you go??? How long will the suspense be??
Post a Comment