



We got back in the car for the last drive through the city. I wasn’t hiding my nerdiness of even taking pictures from the car.

I’ve been to San Francisco numerous times growing up, since lots of family lives in the area. But this was my first time over to the area by the Ferry Building. We enjoyed walking around by all of the vendors and then watching some fishermen on a nearby pier.



They all started yelling and scurrying around when one it was obvious one of the lines had caught something big…a ray! You see them in aquariums all of the time, but it’s pretty shocking to see someone reel it in off a fishing line…and then promptly chop the tail off. That was our cue to head the other way.

We then had a great visit and yummy lunch at Taylor’s with my aunt and two cousins and then headed to the airport to fly home.

I’m sure the only person to make it this far reading is my Mom, but all in all, it was an absolutely wonderful vacation. It was fast with a ton of things crammed in 4 days and 572 miles. And I don’t think the pictures come anywhere near really showing the beauty of these sites. My jaw was dropped most of the time as I was in awe of God’ creation. I loved every minute of the trip and loved experiencing it all with my husband of 10 years!

12 comments:
No, not just your mom made it to the end! I really enjoyed reading about your anniversary trip! I've never been to CA, but now I want to go!!! It looks like so much fun & soooooo beautiful. Oh, and I love the idea of surprising your husband with the converted wedding video (we need to do that too!) Happy 10th Anniversary!
Kelly! I love the blog and I LOVED reading about your vacation and seeing the pics. You guys are so cute!! Glad you had a wonderful trip.
Well I confess to not reading every word, but the pictures were great and it looks like an amazing trip! Glad the hard work of strategizing paid off. :)
I made it! I made it! And with no difficulty. It was truly interesting! You got some beautiful pictures and beautiful memories! Congratulations on 10 years!
Okay, I'm ready to go on vacation now!
That was a great post. I loved all your pictures and commentary (especially your Twilight reference...I'm a huge fan myself!). It looked like a great trip and congratulations on 10 years!
I so enjoyed living vicariously through your trip posts! Tom & I took a trip to SF a couple of years ago & hit some of the same sights - I think I remember that awful short cut! I was car sick for hours afterwards. So glad that you guys had so much fun. Congrats on 10 years!
Well Kelly, you can count me in as "one of the ones" who read every word and looked at every picture and loved it all! Ronnie & I have been to San Francisco several times, but not all the other beautiful places! Congratulations to you and Wade on 10 happy years together and we wish you "110" more! I also love that you made a DVD of your wedding...that is so special and I would love to see pics or even the video sometime...especially since Kari was there to help you celebrate...
Ronnie is slowly recovering and has been back to work for quite a while, but as most men are, (when it comes to their health), he is very stubborn and "overdoes it" and just doesn't understand why he is completely worn out and has no strength...oh well, I think I'll still keep him...our 38th wedding anniversary is on June 4th...almost 40 years...that's a lot of years with one person, but I can't think of anyone else I'd rather be with for the next 40 years!
Hope we can get together with you guys sometime soon! again...Happy 10th!! Jill & Ronnie
Such an awesome experiance!! :) Congratulations on 10 years. We are a month behind you. Loved all the pictures.
I loved reading about all of your fun adventures. This is a trip Jason and I both took as kids (traveling HWY 1) and have often remarked that we would like to make the trip together. Our 10 year isn't far off so I may be probing you for some advice. Congats to you guys!
Hey, Kelly, I even spared me your posts so that I would have something nice to read at the weekend! Thanks for sharing the cool pictures and your trip - I loved it. And happy 'nother 10 years to you :-)
Wow- what a great vacation post! It looks like yall had such a wonderful trip- and you did SO much in just 4 days! Shane was just in CA for 2 weeks of training, and he went south on HWY 1 during the weekend & enjoyed some of those same sights! Happy Anniversary to such a sweet couple!
We're celebrating our 10 yr in July- still trying to figure out what we're going to do!
What a great recap of your vacation! Looks like y'all had a fun time and enjoyed every minute of it!
Post a Comment