
Last night I experienced my first Passover Seder. I loved every minute of it and look forward to going again next year. I went into it not knowing what to expect at all and was hoping it wasn’t going to be too strange.
It was anything but that. In fact, the atmosphere was welcoming, friendly, relaxed, and familial.
I loved that everyone was involved including even the younger children who participated in some of the readings. And I learned a lot. It’s such a good thing to go back and be reminded of my faith heritage and that God is the Redeemer and Deliverer. And I know that the next time I hear the passages of The Last Supper, as Jesus and his disciples took part in the Passover, I will have an even greater understanding and appreciation.
After the Seder, there was a reading of The Last Supper followed by communion. It was a wonderful evening. I feel prepared, refreshed, and renewed going into this special weekend.
Here is the benediction that all of us read together to close the service:
It was anything but that. In fact, the atmosphere was welcoming, friendly, relaxed, and familial.
I loved that everyone was involved including even the younger children who participated in some of the readings. And I learned a lot. It’s such a good thing to go back and be reminded of my faith heritage and that God is the Redeemer and Deliverer. And I know that the next time I hear the passages of The Last Supper, as Jesus and his disciples took part in the Passover, I will have an even greater understanding and appreciation.
After the Seder, there was a reading of The Last Supper followed by communion. It was a wonderful evening. I feel prepared, refreshed, and renewed going into this special weekend.
Here is the benediction that all of us read together to close the service:
Aware of each and every one,
The Lord our God has been;
He blesses those who love in truth,
Forgiving those who sin.
He stayed the whip and broke the lash
And clothed our souls laid bare.
His mercy healed our bleeding wounds
As Israel’s voice made prayer
His love, a never ending strength
Through all eternity.
Embraced His people,
Freeing them from dark captivity.
So lift your hearts and lift your souls
In freedom’s mighty roar,
And thank the Lord for blessings sweet,
Now and forever more.
“For Christ, our Passover lamb, has been sacrificed.”
1 Corinthians 5:7

3 comments:
I meant to ask you how it was. Sorry. I guess I was a little distracted this morning. I need to do this next year!
Love the new look of your blog!
I want to go next year!
Post a Comment