Saturday, April 04, 2009

A Few Of My Favorite Things

I know that things really shouldn’t be what make us happy. I know, I know, I know. But come on, don’t you come across a few material things every now and then that just make your heart flutter a little?

The most obvious right now is the new blog design. I love it! Kind of funky, vintagy, cute. I told the designer, Sharon from Redbud Designs, it looks just like stationary I would buy somewhere. My blog decided to get all high-maintenance on her, so I appreciate the extra time she had to take to make it just right.

And speaking of stationary. One of my most favorite places on earth, Swoozie's, had a stationary BOGO sale with FREE personalization recently. Can you believe it???!!! You know I was working some magic with our cash envelopes to make this little purchase happen. Just loverly!



This item is technically Tate’s, but he doesn’t quite appreciate the cuteness of it yet. He had some leftover Christmas gift money, so I decided (for him) to indulge in a canvas print of the USA for the playroom and maybe in his big boy room one day. Is it not the cutest thing ever? And he already knows and can point to where he lives…Texas!

And finally, here is a true testament to friendship. Does my friend Laura know me or what? She gave me this little spool of adorableness for my birthday. Personalized ribbon!!!!!


You know you’re excited about things when it looks as though just about every sentence I wrote ended with an exclamation mark. I try hard to edit those down, but these few of my favorite things deserve to be exclaimed!

8 comments:

Susan @ Blessed Assurances said...

very cute, Kelly!

i had a dream last night that you and I went to lunch b/c you and Wade were on the outs...you wanted me to talk to Wade and set him straight! HA!!! :)

Phillips Family said...

We have been eyeing that canvas for Isaac's room when we make it over this summer. I just love it!

Love the new blog design!

amber dayton said...

I love the new look Kelly! Super cute. Your stationary turned out precious too - it's funny how excited we girls get about those things!

Shelley said...

Love the new blog design and the notecards... pure sweetness :)

Lisa said...

Love your new blog look!

Laura and Mike said...

I can't believe i made your Blog! I'm so excited :) First of all, love the new look! Very chic and secondly I'm jealous of your find at Swoozies

Anonymous said...

I've really been wanting to go to Swoozie's!

I also was looking through the new Pottery Barn Kids catalog and found this...

http://www.potterybarnkids.com/products/am440/index.cfm?pkey=cart-gallery|k

Interesting...I bet Swoozie's doesn't charge $100!

Holly said...

I love your cute notecards! I have seen the canvas and wanted it for my house but couldn't figure out where to put it. We had a travel decor bathroom at our other house. I will just have to admire yours.