For me (as Randy says), there wasn’t just an obvious showstopper this week, but I think Allison had the best overall performance. Great song choice for her. She may be slowly getting close to sounding the same, so it would be great for her to really change something up soon. I am still blown away by her talent.
As far as the worst of the night…sad to say, but I think it was Lil. The girl can really sing, but week after week, she’s showing that she’s not a performer. I love that she’s a mom with those cute kiddos, but she isn’t showing any improvement. Was the Simon eye roll not greatness, though? We rewound that several times.And the others:
Adam ~ My quote to Wade: It’s crazy, but it’s good.
Anoop ~ His slow songs make him look like he’s in pain. It was really good, but I don’t think he can do much better than that. Although, he has what Lil doesn’t…stage presence.
Danny ~ For someone that always has great vocals, he seemed off. Surely that had to be an emotional song to sing. I was tearing up with him. But like I said last week, he’s just sounding the same ‘ol, same ‘ol.
Kris ~ I LOVE that song. I think he was striving for an “Adam Moment,” and didn’t quite get it. He was really close, though.
Matt G. ~ Sweet Matt. I thought his version was better than the (I’ve heard it 1,000 times before) original. He’s just too easily forgotten. He’s not going to win, but I bet he may be a surprise success after the show.
I’m thinking the bottom 3 will probably be Lil, Anoop, and Matt G. Thoughts????

4 comments:
I love reading your AI top stuff. I really just didn't love anyone last night. There are so many great movie songs and I thought the ones they chose were boring. They loved Allyson, I just don't love her voice. I still like Kris, Adam, and I thought Anoop did great last night compared to other weeks:) Keep posting, I love it!!
Not w/ you on Allyson. I don't get her. Her hair drives me bonkers...is it a wig???? I thought she sounded AWFUL last night.
Agree w/ the rest. Not a very impressive night for anyone really. It was a snoozer of a show!
I enjoy your Idol recaps! I agree on the bottom 3. Eventhough, Kris wasn't the greatest last night, I think he is my favorite. AND I love your new blog look!
They should extend the season by just one show -- the Judge Elimination Episode. This is when the audience gets to vote on the judges and whoever gets the least number of votes has to go home (i think i know who this would be).
Post a Comment