We’ve been taking advantage of the pretty days by planting flowers in the backyard. This is when Tate discovered his love for digging dirt. Now he’s got a pretty impressive radar sense for finding a stick and dirt pile anywhere we go.
And this is a sweet reminder of Wade’s maternal grandmother. She lived to be 102 years old and lived on her own well into her late 90s. When she did move out of her home, Wade’s mom saved some of the irises from her yard and gave them to several of us. So now every April, we get a beautiful reminder of such a strong, faithful woman. This picture is after they have barely survived this spring’s rain, hail, and even smoke/wind storms.
And a young Texan’s right of passage during the spring is finding a field of bluebonnets (our state flower) for pictures. Tate had a blast at this great field we found. But he was having so much fun running around, it made it a little difficult to get a great shot. Now he looks for bluebonnets everywhere.






11 comments:
MS weather is the same! Shorts and flip flops one day, sweater and coat the next. And it doesn't ever get warm and stay that way for a while. It goes from changing daily to burning hot all in one day!
Love y'all's bluebonnet fields. Wish we had those here!
where did you find the bluebonnets? jeff and I have a little friend dying to see her first bluebonnets (she just moved from Cali) so we promised her we would take her. leave a message on FB with scoope.
And Tate IS Tiger Woods, a shade lighter but have no fear, your son does not tell lies :)
The bluebonnet pictures came out great. I am glad that particular area worked for y'all. We went (again) today and found a collection of empty beer cans among the flowers. Klassy.
I'm glad Tate enjoyed the flowers? Were his feet stained beautiful colors? My kids were barefoot and it took days for all of God's ink to wear off.
So I guess you posting a picture of my pasty white legs is your subtle way at getting back at me for all my "Kelly-ism's"?
We had a beautiful spring day here today after 3 miserable rainy chilly days. Here's to spring!!!
I love the Texas tradition of pictures in the field of bluebonnets. Beautiful!
What great bluebonnet picture- where is that? We need to go get some with Austin!
Sweet bluebonnet pictures! Way to go Tiger Woods!
Now you'll have to find some Calif Poppies next week!!!!
Love all the updates of the Texas comings and goings.
Aunt Barb
Wow, those bluebonnets pictures are amazing. I have never seen that many before.
I guess yours and Wades retirement is safe, if Tate is going to be Tiger Woods! :-)
The bluebonnet picture is so adorable! Could be a magazine picture. I LOVE it!
Post a Comment