Ever since we had a name/diagnosis for the gross motor delays (low muscle tone), I’ve struggled with one little thing. I could get past the delay in crawling, and I really don’t stress too much about him not walking for awhile. But, there was always a part of my heart that sunk a little when I saw other babies standing. It may seem somewhat silly, but I couldn't wait to see my little boy stand up.
So over the past few days, he has figured out how to pull up to a stand. It’s still pretty shaky and wobbly, but it makes me so happy and so proud of him.
And as you can see, he’s pretty excited about it too.

16 comments:
way to go TATE!
I love his smile on his face...priceless!
Yea!! Congrats to y'all, too. I know the being patient must be hard, but delayed gratification is pretty sweet!
good job Tate!!
We are feeling the same frustrations as you except our issue is with language. In fact, tomorrow the team from ECI are coming to evaluate Cooper because he is lacking in language. I'm SOOOO ready to hear him say "I love you mommy!"
I just got tears in my eyes! Way to go Tater!!! I love his squeal!
We are so proud of you guys Kelly. Even though Tate had to actually do the act, it didn't happen without the hard work of his parents at home. I'm so excited for you all!
I meant to say that I wanted to call you right after I saw this, but figured you might already be in bed. I'll call tomorrow!!
Love that precious smile. What a great thing! :)
Wow, 2 great family events in 1 week!!!!!!!!!
Way to go Tate!
Aunt Barb
Yeah Tate!!!! We have watched this video no less than ten times because Isaac was in the room when I pulled up your blog. He kept saying, "What is his name, Mommy?"
Congrats on the accomplishment. Isaac had low muscle tone as well as the torticolis. Glad to see Tate working so hard on his PT and making such great advancements!
That is awesome!! Love his great smile! I know that is such an important achievement for all of you! Way to go Tate!... Sounds like you had a great time on your cruise! We've been on several cruises (one was a short one to the Bahamas with Kari & Kelli when they were about 14 and 10...they LOVED it! (of course Kari really got into the broadway shows at night)
Hope to take you guys to lunch & visit with you soon! Let us know when it might be a good time for you.
Jill
HEY TATE!!! Kelly, this is so awesome and so exciting! I'm so proud of him and I know you are happy too!
Love, Laura M
Yea for Tate!!! That is so exciting. Way to go!
I love it! Such an exciting moment.
Hooray for Tate! I just love the look on his face as he pulled himself up quickly & his squeal - he is so proud of himself!
Hate to say, but you are going to be regretting the fact that you worried he wasn't walking real soon!!!!!!!!!!! Believe it or not, your cousins and me, didn't walk until they were 15 months either. He is so proud of himself.
Aunt B
WOOOHOOO! Way to go!
Yea for Tate, yea for Mom and Dad, and oh-no - life is changing quickly at your house!! Eek!! Now the fun really begins! he!! Blessings on you guys . .
Post a Comment