Tuesday, March 25, 2008

2.3 Minutes That Felt Like 100

I just had a simple little moment that I hope I can savor and remember forever.

During some playtime at the house, I started to crawl toward Tate like I was going to chase him. I fell to the ground, and he fell right beside me. We stayed there on the ground side by side, sang some songs (I sang in English, he sang in Tateish), I brushed his hair, he played with my hands, and occasionally he'd look over at me and smile.

It probably only lasted about 2.3 minutes, but it felt to me like 100. If you could bottle that sweet feeling, I'd be its newest addict.

3 comments:

Keri said...

Praise God for times that seem timeless! What a sweet feeling Kelly.

Riss said...

How amazing! Lukas had such a cranky day, but it was great to read this and remember all the times time has stopped. What an amazing feeling.

Jody said...

PRICELESS!!!!!!!!!!! LOVE IT!