Thursday, March 20, 2008

The Last Day - March 16

So I have no pictures from the last day. It was a LOOOOOOONG day. I won’t bore you (more than you’re already bored) with the gory details, but it involved waking up at 6:30 a.m., disembarking for 1 ½ hours with a kid in a stroller who didn’t want to be in a stroller, a wild goose chase and 3-mile walk alongside the hot, sunny beach in Ft. Lauderdale, and being stuck in the airport for 5+ hours from airline delays. Despite all of that, I was shocked at how well Tate did that day. It could have been a nightmare, but I was so proud of what a trooper he was.

We finally got home at about 11:00 p.m. The trip really was pretty fun. It was hard at times and not always relaxing, but we had a great time spending time with family and visiting some beautiful places. So after almost three years in the making, the Strzinek family vacation was a success.

7 comments:

Jody said...

Awesome! The pictures are great and we're so glad you guys had a good time. I'm so impressed Tate was a trooper that last day...I don't know if our "angels" would have faired so well.

Looking forward to seeing you guys soon.

Jody

Kendra said...

Now that was a fun re-cap of a great sounding trip!! Makes me want to take a cruise. Never been on one, but I think I really don't particulary want to take my children. At least not the first time! ha! And I'm pumped to hear your news about your "crawler" - CM was sure to spread that good news last week at work!! She's so proud of him!!

jamie said...

hi kelly -

your family vacation sounds like it was a blast (plus a little work). beautiful pics of scenery and such. and what wonderful memories for your family...

- jamie

Keri said...

I love your recap of the trip. Very well done girl. Your pictures are awesome!!! Love the idea of doing the building collage thingy with some of those pics. Very impressive.

Phillips Family said...

I think y'all are the bravest people I know to take a child under the age of 18 on a cruise...sounds like Tate was quite the cruiser and did great! Glad that the trip was a success...and Happy Birthday!

Riss said...

The pictures are amazing! Glad ya'll had such a fun trip. My parents also say that cruises are the way to go, so maybe one of these days we'll try one out.

McCulleys said...

I just loved reading about your trip. It sounded amazing. I am sure that you all had a good time with your family. Back when Monty and I were first dating, he promised me he would take me to St. Thomas and that has yet to come true. I will have to tell him about yall's trip and inform him of ALL of the places you went.