Thursday, March 27, 2008

We’re So Proud!



I’m speaking on behalf of the whole family here to say that we are so proud of my Mom! She just accomplished something pretty impressive…but here’s some background first.

Most people are surprised to learn that she dropped out of high school during the last semester of her senior year. She admits it herself…not the best decision-making going on there. She was 17, in love (my Dad was supposedly the cool college guy at the time), and a little (ha!) on the rebellious side.

So after achieving an impressive 30+ year career in the title industry, she went back to school.

She’s been studying like crazy and just got word that no only did she pass the GED exam (which is really 7 exams), but her scores were in the top 10% of her class!

At 53 years old, most other grandmothers wouldn’t have been able to swallow their pride enough to sit in a classroom with a bunch of 20-somethings, but she did and was one of the star students.

We knew you could do it Mom and are SO proud of you! Dad will have to clear some space on the mantle for your diploma…and who knows…maybe an associate’s degree next??

9 comments:

JLB said...

Way to go girl!!! Sooo proud of you.

Jody said...

That is soooooo awesome!! Way to go! How cool is that?

Anonymous said...

Awww Kelly, Thanks

Anonymous said...

But did you really have to post the pic?

Riss said...

I don't even know your mom, and I'm proud of her! That's fantastically cool!

Anonymous said...

I was actually hoping for something in the Cap and Gown variety!!! You Go Girl.

Barb

Jennifer said...

way to go! That is awesome!!

Anonymous said...

Nice work Aunt Steph! -butch

Alyssa said...

I love catching up on your blog... and congratulations to your mom! Hope you guys are doing well....