Thursday, March 20, 2008

Day 5 - March 13

The next day was a port in Casa de Campo, Dominican Republic. The guys went and played golf at Teeth of the Dog. Doesn’t that sound appealing? Actually, they said it was pretty incredible as several of the holes are alongside the ocean.


The girls and the kids headed to a little village for a walking tour and lunch. The architecture was beautiful. I think I might make a series of framed pictures for our house from several of the buildings there.








Then we headed onto a big barge boat ride down a river. Sorry…can’t remember what river. I heard that several movies have been filmed there, including Jurassic Park. When looking around, it really did have that feel. No dinosaurs in sight, though.



About five minutes into the boat ride, the little guy crashed hard. I got lots of sleepy snuggle time with him on this trip, which was nice. That doesn’t happen much during our regular days.





That about did it for the Dominican Republic. Here are some pictures of how we entertained ourselves in the room. The big mirror on the wall and glass table kept Tate very occupied. Who needs toys? And he loved climbing up the step into the bathroom, which is where he also discovered the joys of playing with toilet paper.





No comments: